Setting PiAware Location

Previously I have been using Plane Plotter but yesterday I changed over to using PiAware. Since then my location has been up to about 30 miles from where I am. Is there a way to set my location correctly? I have done a quick search but didn’t come up with anything.
Also I have tried setting the lat and lon prefixes is dump1090 without any change.

Vince

I recall having the same problem at first. I had to enter the position a few times for it finally to settle down. I eventually used “Exact Postion” though I cannot remember if that was before or after it settling down.

Cheers. I’ve gone to exact positioning - just need it to get more accurate now.

I set it manually using the lat/long of google maps.

Sorry for being thick but I can’t see how to add it manually. I tried adding a lat and lon switch to dump1090 but this doesn’t appear to be taking. I am not using FA dump1090 version though so there may be something in that.

No problem. Technically I’m just hanging on myself with this. On your feeder statistics page there is a section under your “Site Identifier” that says “Not the correct position? Click here” That leads you to enter lat/long.

Cheers - for some reason I totally missed that one.

I know this is an old post, but I can’t find a clickable link anywhere to set the location to enable MLAT location. Anyone know how to do this on the latest software release(S)?

For Beginners - How-to Set Receiver Location

1 Like

Click on the gear at the right side of the orange bar. You should see just above the three blue save buttons on the fight side a button to select MLAT enable or disable.

Thanks, I finally found it. A bit obscure. Thank for posting. 73 de K1AY.

I’m having the same difficulty setting my location. It was previously set properly but defaults to 0,0 since I upgraded to piaware 3.6.3.
When I open up the configuration ‘gear’ and get the configuration panel it does NOT have a set location. Instead it says, “Your site location is set by your receiver.”
So where the heck do I set my location. Used to work before the upgrade but gets 0 lat and 0 long since the upgrade.

Once it is set by the receiver it can no longer be manually set, which is kind of buggy.
Not sure how it was set by your receiver, that normally shouldn’t happen unless you run gpsd.

@obj or @esmathews to the rescue.
(One of them will hopefully reset the location so you can configure it again)

Hi Ron, sorry to hear about that issue. If you email adsbsupport@flightaware.com one of our support team can probably sort that out for you.

Thanks, I’ll put together an email…
–Ron