Scroll wheel on map freezes

If I use the scroll wheel while the mouse is on any of the maps, my browser freezes and I keep getting unresponsive script warnings, which even if I try to stop them doesn’t help, and it takes several minutes of those before it can recover.

I don’t do this on purpose. It’s just a natural reaction since the scroll wheel works on every other map on every other website.

This is on two different browsers (Pale Moon and K-meleon, both Mozilla/Gecko based), on two different PC’s. I’ve read the same thing happens in Firefox.

Can you post the info from flightaware.com/fix for either of those?

It’s working in Firefox 44.0.2 for me.

Your browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/2.0 Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/26.1.1
You are not using a mobile device
You are NOT using HTTPS
You may be behind a proxy
- via: 1.1 WebsenseDCNorth 0A7AFD34
Your public IP address is 170.141.177.179
You are currently logged in.
Your username is BrianL
Your user id is 24260
Your session id is de771a4ac705…8ec7feec18c9
You can accept cookies from FlightAware
You have successfully logged in to FlightAware with this machine and browser at least one time in the past.
You have never chosen a language (locale).
No default locale detected.
Your region is US US/en_US
Your javascript is working fine.
Time (zulu) is Monday, 14-Mar-2016 17:17:56 GMT
JavaScript system clock: Mon Mar 14 2016 12:17:57 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time)
JavaScript timezone offset: 300 minutes (5 hours)
Local storage supported
Canvas supported
Your account can view 4 months of flight history

FYI
kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.ph … 880,page=4
about flightaware.com - it has js-problem only when zooming by mousewheel.
P.S. And this is general Gecko glitch - not KM specific one. Firefox has the same problem there.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. After a bit of digging, I discovered the problem, which as far as I can tell is unique to K-meleon (and, I suppose, Pale Moon as well). When a user uses the mousewheel to zoom the map, we center the zoom action on the cursor location, the idea being that whatever is under the cursor might be what you’re interested in getting a closer look at. To do this, we get the cursor location from the mousewheel event - but for whatever reason, in K-meleon only, the cursor location doesn’t get passed along, which results in snowballing issues.

I’ve added some fallback logic to handle this case, which should fix your issue. This change will be out in production tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday) around 1600 Central.