Question About Flying Southwest

Hi, I’m new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite a while.

I’ve got a question about a Southwest flight that I’m taking soon. I booked the flight from PHX to SJC. The flight has a stop in ONT (Flight 609). My plans have since changed and I need to go to ONT rather than SJC. To change the flight, it will cost me about $100. Can I just keep my ticket and get off the plane in ONT? (I’ll be carrying luggage, so that won’t be an issue)

Thanks for the help.

Yeah just get off- be sure to tell the Gate agent when you get off so they don’t go looking for you

Make sure you do NOT check any baggage. Checked baggage will go to the destination shown on your ticket. You will be responsible for getting it back to you from San Jose.

How soon are you traveling? As of this date (4 Aug), there are $49 fares available beginning 15 Aug and $100 between 11 Aug and 14 Aug.

Don’t do it on the first leg of your flight or they might cancel your return ticket…

I don’t think they will because they allow this type of trip.

However, I don’t see how he would be able to join the flight in ONT if the return portion of his ticket is SJC-PHX (with a stopover, not a connection) in ONT.