1st-$15
2nd-$25
3rd,4th,5th,6th-$100 Each

US Airways
1st-$15
2nd-$25
3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th-$100 Each
**$5 service fee if bag is checked at gate

This was copied over from NAPOLEON. Thanks for the great list.

Southwest: Bag 1 = FREE … Bag 2 = FREE

Baggage Allowance: Beginning January 29, 2008, Southwest will allow two (2) checked pieces of baggage per ticketed Customer. Size and weight limitations apply.
Excess Baggage: Effective January 29, 2008, you may check a third bag for a charge of $25. Your 4th through 9th bag or item will incur a charge of $50 per piece, and any bag or item thereafter will be $110 per piece.

Just a small change…Midwest will charge $20 for the second bag starting 6/15. Cheers to saving $5!!

I love company policies. Who the heck is going to carry more then 9 bags let alone 9?

That is why you should never marry a packrat.

I forget where we were going, but we were leaving PHL for someplace in FL. There’s a family of 2 adults and five or six children checking in and they’re notable for having several carts of bags and boxes with them, easily fifteen pieces altogether.

Oh well, wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen a family use boxes for suitcases, we’ve done it ourselves and referred to it as matched Polish luggage, perhaps they’re moving.

Nope, wasn’t luggage. The nine boxes contained BOOZE! Seems they were on their way to a family wedding and it was the man’s job to bring the hooch. He had stuffed the bottles into the boxes and carefully taped them shut. No separators. No packing. No nothing. Just bottles musically clanking against each other.

Needless to say the airline refused to accept the boxes and so began some of the greatest fireworks I’ve ever witnessed at a check-in desk. It still wasn’t resolved when we boarded and left with only the woman and about half the kids on board.

[quote=“jgona”]

Off the top of my head, some people with lots of baggage… Hillary, business people, clowns, most women, athletes, rich folk, magicians, military, musicians.

[quote=“jgona”]

Adrian Monk would.

Last I heard your only allowed 5liters total of alcohol. And nothing over 120proof.

AA’s 1st checked baggage charge doesn’t start for another month.

[quote=“wazzu90”]

Really, their private jets must not be working then.

Either that are the cost to run a private jet is going up far faster than airline fares.

UPDATE: NWA to add first baggage fee of 15 dollars.

In addition to this, is it true US is eliminating curb-side check-in? PIT airport released this:

http://www.flypittsburgh.com/NewsEventsServlet?option=pressReleases&shortdescp=1

Because of PIT’s size (in terms of US traffic) compared to others, are they eliminating it systemwide or just PIT?

They are eliminating curbside checkin systemwide because they feel that the cost and logistics of equipping the curbside stations with credit card readers exceeds the benefit of having curbside checkin.

[quote=“jgona”]

Try moving to college via airplane. 7 hockey bags full of clothes and supplies and one hockey bag of hockey gear. Plus a few sticks.

Thanks for importing my list.

From NAPOLEON

Now it is just starting to get out of freaking hand…

$50 for the second bag? Are you kidding me?

I have the feeling they elected to raise the second bag fee rather than institute a first bag fee because

A: It affects far fewer passengers so it will cause less share shift and fewer operational issues since fewer actual fees will have to be collected.
B: It is cheaper to implement a change in a pre-existing fee than to introduce a new one.

[quote=“wazzu90”]
Southwest: Bag 1 = FREE … Bag 2 = FREE

exact reason why im flying WN end of Sept. PBI-MDW[/quote]

You’re flying WN because nobody else flies PBI-Chicago (effective 9/3)