problems

im having problems with this error , i have checked all the useage on the piaware i have synced the ntp date
Anomalies

Anomaly report for PiAware feeder with a MAC address of b8:27:eb:9e:3f:f5:
    This feeder is not being used for multilateration because its timing information appears to be unreliable. This can be caused by the site location being incorrect, or because your Pi is running out of free CPU. 

pi@piaware ~ $ sudo ntpdate
8 May 18:33:21 ntpdate[2428]: no servers can be used, exiting
pi@piaware ~ $

top - 18:33:35 up 6 min, 1 user, load average: 0.26, 0.18, 0.08
Tasks: 85 total, 2 running, 81 sleeping, 2 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 5.3 us, 1.1 sy, 0.0 ni, 93.1 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.5 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem: 996736 total, 92456 used, 904280 free, 14588 buffers
KiB Swap: 0 total, 0 used, 0 free, 30756 cached

there is nothing wrong i cant understand why mlat is reporting this sometimes my connection dies but no connection is stable so dunno what the problem is

steve

Usually most of the time this would be a bad power supply causing the issue that I have seen. Although I have had to replace one Pi that I started getting this message on that just seemed to be going bad. Replaced everything but the Pi and still got the message so I ended up changing the Pi out.

To be clear, this isn’t a “time” issue. IE, don’t waste time trying to correct NTP. This is the timing between the software-Rpi-dongle.

I have gotten that error a few times when my network appeared to be under a DOS attack. Too many packets were lost to maintain the stream. You might check your router logs. YMMV

Going with this, I don’t think it is wise to allow any ports forwarded to your Pi from the outside. Just too easy to run a DOS attack and essentially take out the system.

I was allowing DNS requests to my i7 with 32gb of RAM until I started getting a bunch of DDOS DNS attacks and they had a pretty significant impact on the DNS server. No more of that for me.

Running a public DNS server is a bad idea period and generally frowned upon as they can be used to create DDOS attacks if not configured correctly.

Yep, I was getting hammered with a DNS amplification attack. Easy fix :wink: