Current issue on FA feeder - or just me?

Hi guys,

My live FA stats show the data feed was live 9 minutes ago, and the feeder checkin was live 4 mins ago, odd, as this usually shows “within the last minute” for both…

Looking at the live log from my Pi, most of the responces show

"[2015-10-22 20:52 BST] mlat(2384): Beast-format results connection with localhost:30104: [Errno 111] Connection refused
"

(although I get the occasional responce as normal, eg

"[2015-10-22 20:51 BST] 21233 msgs recv’d from dump1090-mutab (1006 in last 5m); 21233 msgs sent to FlightAware
"

Local tools (gmap, collectd, remote VRS) show data live - so I think it’s the feed on my internet connecction?

Ok, found the post about the mlat port changing in 2.1-3… sorted that (im using mutability).

Seems to be reporting fine now, but I now get a message box that says

“This feeder is not being used for multilateration because its timing information appears to be unreliable. This can be caused by the site location being incorrect, or because your Pi is running out of free CPU.”

Loc is correct, and CPu of my rpi2 is around 25%?

RPI does not have a time-keeping battery. It maintains time by synchronizing with a ntp server.

Check the time by typing date.
If the time is not correct, you might have to force update it. This is because, by default, ntp will not sync if the difference between the system time and the real-time is greater that 1000 seconds.

Run:
sudo ntpd -gq
Then rstart the ntp server: 
sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart

Please see this page for full details of time synchronization:

http://victorhurdugaci.com/raspberry-pi-sync-date-and-time/

If everything is configured correctly then this is probably an elusive hardware problem in the dongle itself that I have not managed to track down exactly. Best guess at the moment is that it might be temperature related.

It is not related to NTP or your system clock at all.

Thanks guys,

Just to update - the sync error ended when the pi synced with other recievers in the area.

Pi up and running fine now - moving the antenna to the roof is showing c40% increase, 61 positions avg,

Will post stats increase in another post…

How did the pi synced with other recievers in the area? You did something, or it happened automatically?