PiAware 7 SD Card Image Released

Last time I checked I wasn’t part of the Flightaware staff :slightly_smiling_face: so you will have to wait on their announcement.

2 Likes

We found a problem during package upgrade testing and are preparing a 7.1 to fix that, release should not be far away.

7 Likes

Bullseye repositories are updated. There’s been a minor 7.1 release that fixes some issues with upgrades.

Let us know if you see any issues.

5 Likes

Install sucessfully👌🏻
It works😀

1 Like

Thank you! – But no arm64 packages, or am I missing something?

As far as I know, Flightaware has never released arm64 / aarch64 / amd64 packages in past.

1 Like

64 bit versions take about 5 minutes to build. I have done it a half dozen times this week.

1 Like

Please see this page

Right now it is ver 7.0 arm64 packages.
Tonight I will build & add ver 7.1 arm64 packages also.

5 Likes

7.1 official debian package with @abcd567’s manual gain selection add-on installed yesterday: works like a charm!

Update via the flightfeeder page was partially succesfull, it gave a report about two packages without installable files.
All feeders are on Bullseye and the update feature on the flightfeeder page was referring to the buster repositories I guess.
packages

After that I manually updated the packages accoring to this page PiAware - dump1090 ADS-B integration with FlightAware - FlightAware

Instructions on the page refers to version 6.1 ( changed that to 7.1) and followed the steps to install the packages.
That was without a problem on all feeders (6 in total).
So everything is running on 7.1 now

exactly: instructions have not yet been updated, but fear not! Those who want to update their debian packages might just type

wget https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/pool/piaware/p/piaware-support/piaware-repository_7.1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i piaware-repository_7.1_all.deb
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install piaware

… that’s how i flawlessly updated my package to 7.1 :sunglasses:

I did like this

sudo apt update

apt-cache policy piaware-repository
piaware-repository:
  Installed: 6.1
  Candidate: 7.1~bpo10+1

sudo apt install piaware-repository

sudo apt install piaware 

sudo apt install dump1090-fa

sudo apt install dump978-fa  

1 Like

that7.1.~bpo10+1 version isn’t showing as a candidate on my system, it just states version 7.1 on the piaware repository :thinking:

piaware-repository 6.1 is the v6 buster version
piaware-repository 7.1 is the v7 bullseye version
piaware-repository 7.1~bpo10+1 is the v7 buster version

If you’ve got a mismatched repository package (e.g. by manually installing the wrong .deb) you are gonna have problems.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, as said all feeders are on Bullseye so then the installed version is correct.

Updating a 7.0 SD Card image to 7.1 using

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

generates this error

Setting up beast-splitter (7.1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/beast-splitter.postinst: line 78: /sbin/udevadm: No such file or directory

because udevadm is in /usr/bin not /sbin.

Does the official 7.1 Piaware image support Airspy Mini out of the box? Thanks!

Thanks for the report. I’m not sure whether we’ll do a 7.2 for this since there are not a lot of people on the 7.0 beta; are you OK to reimage with 7.1?

(Actually, on further inspection, this is mostly harmless, so your upgrade should be OK - at worst you might need a reboot)

2 Likes

No, but you should be able to install airspy_adsb in the usual way (assuming it’s been built for bullseye)

1 Like

Distribution: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel version: Linux 5.10.63-v8+ aarch64

@DietPi:~# apt-cache policy piaware-repository
piaware-repository:
Installed: 7.1
Candidate: 7.1

all sorted

1 Like