PiAware 7 SD Card Image Released

Are ver 7.1’s 64-bit packages available in Flightaware Repository?

No worries. Since the failed command was the last line of the script, I just executed it manually from the command prompt when I saw the error.

So i use “Bullseye”

PiAware Version: 7.1
Dump1090-fa Version: dump1090-fa 7.1~bpo10+1
Dump978-fa Version: dump978-fa 7.1~bpo10+1

NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“11”
VERSION=“11 (bullseye)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/”
SUPPORT_URL=“RaspbianForums - Raspbian
BUG_REPORT_URL=“RaspbianBugs - Raspbian

is this correct?
It confused me a bit :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, but it works prefectly

Odd, bpo10+1 are Buster packages. Were you previously on Buster? How did you update?

I did a manually update. i was therefor on Buster

is there a way to get the correct bullseye Dump190-fa?

Did update via Website. Only one minor detail different. If you look at the graph you can see when I did update. CPU Utilization seems to have upped a tad. Not bad considering all the additions.

Have not seen any bad yet.

1 Like

I have an existing piaware running Buster, but don’t have physical access to the Pi to reimage it. How do I upgrade it to bullseye
Do I just change the /etc/apt/sources.lists from “buster” to “bullseye” and then run sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade?

This isn’t supported; either stick with Buster, or re-image if you want Bullseye.

(It’s technically possible to do an upgrade between distribution versions, but not tested/supported/recommended; I would not do it without good familiarity with the Debian package system and physical access to the machine)

Are the pi 2 and 2B not supported anymore?

They are not recommended anymore but can still be used.
I have a Pi 2 running 7.1 without any issue.

I have a Raspberry Pi Zero running PiAware 7.1 (updated from My ADSB page), but it’s an old insallation:

pi@site2:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)”

Is there a way to switch to Rasperry Pi Zero 2W without reinstalling / reimaging?

Running with Buster on RPI3B+ my own Dutch version.

2 Likes

For testing purposes i’ve installed Raspberry OS “Bullseye” (armhf) on a spare 3B+
dump1090-fa and piaware installed and running without any issues.

1 Like

Two RPi 3B+ Buster version.

Tried to update them from the web page, no go.

Issued the commands:

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

Success.

No errors, and no manual reboot needed.

Most likely your OS is no more Buster, it has upgraded to Bullseye.

What are the outputs of following commands?

cat /etc/os-release   
apt-cache policy piaware   

apt-cache policy piaware-repository  

The output of those commands are extensive, but all of them say Buster.

Did it prompt you to accept a change in Suite value? There is an issue with older buster installs (specifically, any Buster install that has libapt-pkg < 1.8.2.3, which includes piaware sdcard image versions 3.8 / 4 / 5) that unfortunately prevents auto-upgrades and there’s no practical workaround without manual intervention.

(we tried to work around this in piaware 6.1, but unfortunately the workaround was incomplete and the window for being able to fix it has now passed)

1 Like

I had 6.1 installed and did the upgrade from the site configuration and now showing 7.1 bpo10+1. So far all is running good. I will eventually go for the whole SD Card image to Bullseye.

Contrary to what I normally do, I did not read the prompts this time around, so I cannot say what they were about, but I answered yes on all of them.

Both RPis were running Piaware 6.1 SD Card. I remember that one was a fresh 6.1 install, the other was a manual update from the web page.

I’ll eventually do a fresh install on both, but they are running fine so far, so no rush.

I imaged a new SD card to 7.1 and put it in my Pi 3B. It booted up just fine, but I was not getting any FA1090 decodes. It saw aircraft via MLAT, but nothing direct. Running lsusb showed that the SDR (I have a FlightAware Pro Stick Plus) was present and detected. Swapping back to the 6.1 SD card returned the unit to properly decoding with FA1090. Is there a known issue with the 7.1 image? I am thinking I’ll try again tomorrow (reimage the SD card from scratch) and swap again.

1 Like