Performance Info Lost

Bug: After an invalid planning page submission performance data for the selected aircraft is lost.

How to Recreate this Problem:

1. Goto /flightplan/
  2. Fill in all fields except for one required field (I left takeoff weight blank)
    2a) Select one of the “shared” aircraft (I used C172), leave the flight profile to their default configuration.
  3. Submit the plan
  4. At the error screen, click the “Back” button
  5. BUG: The planning screen is presented, but there are no values in the “flight profile” drop downs

Expected Behavior: The flight profile fields retain their previous value.

Environment:
Windows Vista SP1 (32 Bit)
Firefox 3.0.3 [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3) ]
JavaScript enabled, cache enabled, cookies enabled

Generally in web pages, this is the root of the problem.

What I think is needed is a button within the error page should have a “back button” rather then be forced to use the browser back button.

This would reduce any caching of a page and force a refresh from my web page creation experiences.

My work around for what you describe has been to click Flight Planning in the upper left and start all over since all values were lost anyway.

We’re aware, and we intend to fix it so you can go back (as well as fixing it so it displays correctly/completely on the bottom of the next page).

I’m aware of this limitation, the reason I pointed this out is it violates the “least surprise” rule. That is to say, the least surprising behavior is that the values are retained.

~ Christopher