PC12 Country... :)

I just went over to KOJC/OJC (part of my initials) in Olathe, KS & there are 5 PC12’s flying in & out of there - truck country for sure. I have never seen so many PC12’s in one little town before - reckon they are all country boys drivin them thangs… 8) :arrow_right:

I like the Pilatus - you can make her a cargo/passenger plane pretty easy & she can land on grass strips (farmers runway) - makes her very verstile just like a flatbed pickup!!! :smiley:

I used to base out of KOJC a long time ago. KCAC (west side of the airport) is a Pilatus dealer and a Pilatus Service Center, and have 2 or 3 on their 135 cert. Ever since they started selling them, they have done well. They have a good sales staff up there as well, not to mention an excellent charter department.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the info - that does explain it - I found that so odd for so many PC12’s to be gathered in one small town/airport. But thanks to you - I now know the “rest of the story” for sure. I’m humbled that you have helped alleviate my ignorance. I learned something today about aviation that I didn’t know & I love doing that or having that done to me - learning!!! :smiley:

You’re welcome, and I try to do the same thing every day – learn something new.

:slight_smile:

Chris

Since you made me curious, the top two airports for PC12 activity are CYQT and CYXL; inside the US it’s KTEB and KMHT. KOJC has about half as many daily PC12 ops as KTEB or KMHT.

Now I, too, have learned something new today!

Thanks…

ps…pm your thoughts on Kimi and McLaren…

Chris

Chris - you really know how to arouse a girl’s curiosity… :blush:

Is that some soap opera you guys are watching… :wink: 8) :arrow_right:

[quote=“flygirljc”]

The greatest (and most expensive) soap opera in the history of the world.

[quote=“mduell”]

Perhaps they will be dancing with the stars next… 8)

See - I learned something else about Formula 1 racing - which I knew nothing about till this moment & thanks for the link mdu… 8)

Manchester (KMHT) is the home of James’ former employer, Planesense/Alpha Flight, largest operator of the PC12 in the World.

Pop

And despite the fact that the F1 season is over, the soap opera continues…

md…what link did you send her?

KMHT…duh…I should have known that!

Chris

Wow - we are all going to know all about the PC12 - we are on a roll for sure - she is a fantastic girl & I love the little trainer -wish I had one of them… :slight_smile:

BTW: This raptor is my favorite bird to - my nick is JBird given to me by the netjet jock/BB

I just hate to see her/him cry… :cry:

http://www.thinkpads.com/crying_eagle2.jpg

AND - I never heard of Ms. Grob before… :exclamation:

http://www.planesense.aero/images/spn-gallery-icon.jpg
I’M HAVING A MAJOR LEARNING EXPERIENCE THIS EVENING - I’M EXCITED TO SAY THE LEAST - LEARNING IS MY PASTIME!!! **

MHT is going to be seeing a lot fewer PC12s in two or three weeks. Alpha is moving to Pease (PSM).

Saw several of them at BJC today, the Americas Headquarters for Pilatus.

There is now 7 PC12s based at OCF, soon to be 9.