Onboard Video - pilot gets caught in a flat spin . . .

First, here is an introduction from the pilot on board; regarding this video from YouTube;

The spin was supposed to be a normal erect spin to the right, but for various unintentional reasons the spin went flat, up until that point I had never flat spun an aircraft. I eventualy mananged to get the aircraft into a normal erect spin from which I was able to recover. This aircraft is not fitted with an electric starter motor, so I was unable to restart the engine. During the “flare” to land the main undercarriage caught the top wires of a barbed wire fence that was invisible to me. After coming to rest inverted I waited 20mins for the rescue services to come and right the aircraft so I was able to exit via the outward opening canopy. The aircraft rotated 26 times total, I was extremely dissorientated after the recovery to straight and level flight, and was unable to read the instruments. From the video I estimate I recovered at about 700ft from an entry altitude of 3500ft. If you listen carefully you will hear me say:“I think this is it”. At that stage I did not think I would be able to recover. However I continued to try various control inputs based on the aircraft attitude and rotational rate, which eventually effected a recovery.
My thanks go to the emergency services that found me and allowed my escape.

Here is the video; Click Here

Official Accident report from AAIB

Wow, did exactly what he was suppose to do and that was fly it to the ground.

Surprised the little bugger can get up in the air in the first place!

Yep, in the words of the immortal Bob Hoover, fly the plane as far into the crash as possible.

Thank God for the soft marsh landing (I think). Is that an Experimental Aircraft? Not familiar with it. Holy crap that was wild.

The Tipsy Nipper is a UK homebuilt.

looks to me like that would be an easy airplane to get the CG out of whack, as short and stubby as it is. Lean back a little and the CG may be aft.