Not seeing local light aircraft

I’m not very computer savvy and need some help.

the local flight school aircraft and many of my friends aircraft are not showing up on my local piaware (192.168.2.15:8080) website. These aircraft transponders may be sending only on 978 MHZ.

I have both a USB Pro stick and a USB Pro Plus stick and have tried and failed to get both dump1090 and dump978 working on the same PI.

Frm reading other post it appears to be possible and a simple modification to software to use two radios and combine the data. It turns out it is beyound my stkill level.

I have tried folllowing steps outlined in other post without luck.

i would like to seee these aircraft and am asking if someone could help me out on this.

This is my first post (ever) and my wording may be confusing.

The pro stick plus will only work well on dump1090. It has a built in filter that limits its use to 1090Mhz.
The regular pro stick will do dump978 fine.

The older Mode A/C transponders do not show up well on piaware at the moment. It is difficult to distinguish one squawrk 1200 from another. You may be able to see them via TIS-B.

You want to look at the ads-b receiver scripts by Joe
ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/ads-b-receiver-project-setup-scripts-t36532.html
They can help you setup dump1090 and dump978 on the same device.
You may need some help from someone with a little linux skills. This is mainly in working out which is dongle 0 and which is dongle 1. There is also some editing require if you want to update the distance/range rings or enable Bing maps(Comparable to google maps, in my opinion).

Once you have it setup, then consider optimising the receiver gain
ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/gain-adjustment-t37172.html
It can help a huge amount in getting the best reception.

Good luck.