New problems using Opera 10.1

The flight pages don’t load properly and hang for ~ 30 seconds before the map appears and the flight data log underneath loads.

:angry:

Maybe it is your computer. I mean, you have 6 tabs up and 9 programs running? :blush:

Forgive him Rob for he knows not what he does…

Supposed to be a joke, but no no no, not to pika.

Don’t worry Will, I figured it was some type of attempted sarcasm. HOWEVER, as I have pointed out with Rob’s possible frustration, “don’t poke the bear”.

Please enroll in “Emoticons 101” for next semester. :laughing:

:laughing: are you sure it wasnt more like a million tabs he has running Will?

:laughing: :laughing:

HAHAHA! :laughing: That’s funny Beech! No, I can count to six, I think… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Please enroll in “Emoticons 101” for next semester.

I don’t think so, pika…

Opera, unlike Firefox :stuck_out_tongue: , can quite happily handle loads of tabs open at the same time without keeling over and crashing like Firefox does.

Even if I just have 1 tab open running that page, the exact same thing happens, so it’s nothing to do with resource usage.

I kinda had your problem just a minute ago… I looked at COA799, and it froze for a little while (and yes, I only had the internet running) But I clicked refresh and that fixed it… :confused:

OK Rob. You can point out issues with FA all day long, brag to us that you are using Opera, but I draw the line at bashing Firefox!! BLASPHEMY!!! :smiley:

In all seriousness though, I have not had that problem with Firefox. When (if you ever do) you run Firefox, or when you did use it, did you have a bunch of extensions loaded on it?

Just curious because I had problems with other websites and eliminated a good portion of my Firefox extensions and it took care of the problem.

Look, no tabs, same craic. Broked.

:angry:

Can you logout and submit another screenshot?

Also, can you paste the contents of flightaware.com/fix ?

Pika, I’m not getting into a browser fan-boy contest/whatever as it’s all been done before and no amount of arguing/trying to convince people that one browser is better than the other will get people to change. I have used every version of Firefox that has been out and didn’t like any of them, perhaps because I don’t use - nor have any need for - add-ons. I just want a browser to work, open pages fast and do all the stuff you’d expect from a browser without crashing, and for me Opera fits that bill. It is of course a far less popular browser and understandably support is lacking on some sites and glitches/problems crop up. I haven’t read anything to say that this site is NOT supported by Opera so therefore I assume it is supposed to be and hence my addressing this issue to Mark in hope that it can be fixed! :smiley:

Session Diagnostics
Your browser is Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.10
You are not using a mobile device
You do not appear to be behind a proxy server
Your public IP address is 86.3.14.161
You are not logged in.
You do not have a session id
You have cookies disabled
You have never successfully logged in to FlightAware from this computer and browser
Your javascript is working fine.
Time (zulu) is Thursday, 17-Dec-2009 15:39:23 GMT
Your account can view 7 days of flight history

Screenshot coming in 5 mins.

As requested. No difference afraid.

It’s not unusual for me to have as many as 25 tabs open at the same time. No problems crashing.

(Why so many? I have several sites I go to each day. I open them all up at once then go through them one-by-one. If I see something interesting on one of news sites I open the article in a new tab. Hence, 25 (or more) tabs opened at once.)

I don’t know much about Opera, so I wasn’t sure if it had the add-on/extensions like others such as Firefox have. It was just a thought.

Good to see you understood the “BLASPHEMY” part as a joke. :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Opera has widgets instead of add-ons but they’re the same thing. Opera list is not as comprehensive but like I said, I don’t use them anyway so it suits me fine. :smiley:

It looks like you have a number of browser problems. Your browser is clearing/deleting cookies and also Javascript is not performing correctly. You’re missing the time (when logged out), map, and ads – all from Javascript.

We cannot reproduce the problem in Opera here. We also test with IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, and Safari.