Lipstick on a pig

It’s amazing what a little paint can do.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/0/6/6/1310660.jpg

v.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/8/9/0/0104098.jpg

Saw the title of this thread and thought it was about the HawkerBeech Premier II

My old man spent 31 years with those jokers…I do remember riding on the good ol’ Duck! :wink: As amatter of fact I need to ask about the pic he has of a 727 with the duck…Classic!!

They still bring them to IAD, I see them all the time! The 9 that is.

Could you elaborate on this post a bit? Are the pictures of the same aircraft? What?

If you look really hard at the Republic pic. you can see that yes that is the same reg. number.

But which DC-9 had the best reputation to fly on, especially back in the 70’s . . . Click Here

The flying boom boom room :wink:

I thought he was talking about the Simpson Movie :astonished:

Spiderpig!

Sorry, I thought that the same aircraft was implied. (and it is)

Not to get into a pissing contest about the matter, but it’s not implied. Your post could just as easily mean something along the lines of “Oh, look how much better the same type of aircraft looks in NWA livery!”.

The aircraft registration isn’t mentioned in the caption nor is it particularly legible in either photo, so it’s not obvious that it’s the same aircraft in both photos.

I continue to think that NWA has the best paint scheme in the sky.

I think it’s rather plain and drab looking.

THIS is the best scheme :stuck_out_tongue:

Should we take a poll on whether it’s implied? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was one of those who thought it was the same aircraft. The fact that the two pictures were together and the wording used by nenyedi (“It’s amazing what a little paint can do.”) led me to believe that.

I also checked the original of the 2nd photo found here (medium size) and here (large size). I can clearly see the registration on the first picture so there was no need for me to look that up.

Good for you Dave.

Sorry to start the confusion.
I simply was amazed at how NWA can repaint these 40 year old birds to look almost the same as “more modern” aircraft. I bet that many of the travelers would never be aware that the aircraft they are traveling on is potentially older than they are! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a problem, sorry I didn’t “get” it right off.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Especially because they completely gutted and replaced the interiors of every DC9 in the fleet between 1998 and 2000

They’re pretty nice now, but super noisy.