Jetnet acquires ADS-B Exchange

Im not much in position to complain here, as ADBS was always the other service I fed because it was open and free. I’ll probably continue to feed as itll be harder to remove than is worth it from my feeders. but if it becomes problematic to feed them, itll get cut quickly.

1 Like

It’s one command. If that doesn’t work, it’s a handful of commands. It probably took longer to type this message than it would do to log on and remove it.

Not exactly difficult.

2 Likes

Various other feeder sites often get mentioned in passing but it’d be nice to have a list so that, when a scenario like this crops up, we can consider others.

Anyone looking to leave adsbX wouldn’t punish Dan, he’s made his profit so it may be a pointless but of course principle is important, especially as we mainly do this for a hobby involving computer interests as well as aircraft.

Anyone use opensky-network.org - not sure how their data is used, supposedly for research purposes and non profit.

Geoff

1 Like

I use open sky network Dump1090 OpenSky Feeder (Raspberry Pi-based) it’s very easy to set up and gives you live stats similar to flightaware

1 Like

I am using opensky-network at least since May 2018, may be even earlier.

2 Likes

Think I have sussed it, I can keep the adsbx interface without hopefully feeding to them by just taking the TARGET and MLATSERVER out of the cat /etc/default/adsbexchange file,

their is no beast connection but MLAT is green and on the mlat feeder page it’s 0.0% on health, so can only assume their getting no data?

1 Like

Seems to be some of the people behind the original.
They are using the old Discord channel

That’s better MLAT gone now

Thought I would remove my feed too. I have Putty on 2 pc’s that I last used some time go, I know they have both worked ok then. I recently upgraded to PiAware (SD Card) 8.2.
I have been trying to login as pi with the password flightaware. I am getting access denied.
Is there any easy way around this or would I have to set up a new feed?

Did you enable ssh in the boot folder of the microSD Card?

If you haven’t power off the pi put the card into a pc go to its location will be boot (F:) or similar once in simply create a new blank text called SSH.txt and nothing else

Put the card back in the pi and boot it back up, you should find putty will now load

I thought I had created this file but can’t be sure so I will check it out. I did have a couple of cards with different versions and possibly I didn’t create SSH.txt, soI will have a look. Thank you for your swift reply.

1 Like

I have been out to my Raspberry to retrieve the sd card. I did not have the SSH.txt file so I added that, replaced the card and booted up. Still unable to connect. I need to go out again to check the card. I shall have to leave it until morning as the Raspberry is remote and not easy to get to in the dark. Thanks again though for your reply.

1 Like

ssh must be enabled if he’s getting an access denied error. If ssh wasn’t enabled, he wouldn’t get a login prompt.

If you can’t get in with flightaware as the password then I suggest you’ve changed the password.

1 Like

Suspected that may be the case. Will have to try and dig out all my old notes. Failing that I had a stand by Pi which I could try. If that fails I guess I will start again with a new card. Thanks for post.

Are you leaving the file name as ssh.txt? If so rename it to ssh without the extension .txt.

https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build/optional#wifi

This project from Switzerland University seem to be almost dead. The activity around them is getting less and less, almost zero. Support Forumis quiet.

I loved it too, but it had too many failures on feeding. Stats were never accurate.

2 Likes

Did that start recently? Coverage is fair, but still miles away from other sites

Yes I have left the extension on. Will try again, thank you.

Irrelevant. He’s getting a login prompt so therefore ssh is already enabled. If it wasn’t enabled, the Pi wouldn’t even respond to an ssh attempt.

Yes, it’s new. A lot of people have moved to it from adsbx.

2 Likes