JETBLUE AIRBUS 320 AT KAVP

Hi- Joe here from Scranton, Pa. I just joined today. About 45 minutes I walked outside our workplace for some fresh air. Flying overhead was a twin-engine jet much bigger than we are used to seeing here in NEPA. The tail said JetBlue. I thought maybe a 767…I was wrong…dead wrong. Yes I know 767’s are much bigger. Pretty cool though- came from Plattsburgh, NY.

I see as I am new here…I posted this under the wrong topic. DON’T KILL ME JUST YET

Myrtle Beach Air which offers service from AVP-MYR on Wed & Sat. Uses Jetblue’s A320 and Myrtle Beach Air 737-400.

http://www.myrtlebeachdirectair.com/

Welcome to FA Joe from Scranton.

Hi, Joe. Welcome from a fellow Scrantonian. That’s the new service to Myrtle Beach. I give it about a month.

Welcome! 8)

Sad, but probably true.

Wow! Other folks from Scranton! In the local vernacular, I’d be saying “whoda thunk???”. Anyway, I’ve always got my eye to the sky here in Scranton, and must have missed that flight, along with the following four or so, if indeed they even occurred! I too am used to things not lasting too long around here. Sure do wish I could have seen the 320 though. It’s getting depressing here with just RJs and Dashes around. I really miss the Airshows too. There was nothing better than getting home from the show, setting up on the front porch here in South Side and watching all the classics goings home. Piedmont’s DC3, Save A Connie, MidAtlantic’s RD-4, etc. Anyway, hi to all, and glad to be here!

**Wow! Other folks from Scranton! **In the local vernacular, I’d be saying “whoda thunk???”. Anyway, I’ve always got my eye to the sky here in Scranton, and must have missed that flight, along with the following four or so, if indeed they even occurred! I too am used to things not lasting too long around here. Sure do wish I could have seen the 320 though. It’s getting depressing here with just RJs and Dashes around. I really miss the Airshows too. There was nothing better than getting home from the show, setting up on the front porch here in South Side and watching all the classics goings home. Piedmont’s DC3, Save A Connie, MidAtlantic’s RD-4, etc. Anyway, hi to all, and glad to be here!

Were being invaded!! Run away Flightawarians…anyway, welcome to Flightaware, soon to be renamed Scrantonville.

Thanks Jgona! I guess this little rash of “Scrantonitis” does appear a bit odd… :wink: Hope the other hometown boys check back in. It’s really not an invasion, just a bunch of guys who are starting to get sick of their aviation world consisting of just pigeons and the occasional sea bird brought in on the garbage trucks from Jersey. :laughing: Enough offtopic stuff from me, back to our regularly scheduled program…

Welcome new members!!!

Also could been an E170 - which is simply a slightly larger RJ with engines under the wings -

The York/Harrisburg crew will not give up easily to the Scrantonians.

:laughing:

JetBlue has been flying the trips to Myrtle Beach for Myrtle Beach Direct. They have been doing both KIAG and KAVP trips.

And don’t forget about us Williamsporters…maybe less populous, but scrappy!

fran, I’m in West Side. Remember watching the C-5 coming in for the airshow? Looked like it was going so slow it would fall out of the sky.

A check of the tracking page shows that this route is indeed served by the A320.

Hey Layzee! I’ve got lots of relatives and friends over there in WS. Regarding the C-5, agreed, you wonder how the hell it stays up! Same with the C-117 when it visits. Also, the 5 actually has been here in non-airshow mode quite a few times, like when Bush came by. Apparently some of the motorcade travels in there. Unless I’m mistaking that for the 117’s role. :question: Anyway, just tonight while standing in the shower with the window partially steamed, I did see something with twin engines, winglets and what I thought was a Continental tail logo fly right over my yard on the 22 approach. Of course, I couldn’t run out naked to check, just my luck! I’ll have to check around to see what the heck it was. Probably around 5:45. McCain’s in town, maybe his charter? Or a storm diversion since we were getting storms all day? Dunno! I’ll have to snoop around as report back. Did you see it?

Well it seems Continental’s flight 699 was here tonight, a B737-800. Lord knows why! At least I may not be cracking up after all…

Also JBU646 heading to JFK

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU646/history/20080723/2209Z/KSFO/KJFK

COA699 to EWR

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/COA699/history/20080723/1633Z/MYNN/KEWR