I'm Not Receiving Push Notifications on my iPhone 4.

My settings and notifications are enabled. Locations services are turned on too. Any ideas ?

You can view the status of recently delivered alerts at the bottom of flightaware.com/account/manage/notifications

It looks like you had 4 recently delivered iPhone alerts, but they all report as being successfully accepted by the Apple push server for delivery. (Times in zulu)

2011-10-31 14:03:37
2011-10-31 15:32:01
2011-10-31 14:52:10
2011-10-30 17:06:50

Unfortunately, the way the Apple push system works is that we don’t get notification of actually being delivered or not-- We only know that the message was accepted by Apple. (Although we may get a notification when a delivery attempt bounces, typically after the user has uninstall the app.)

Im not receiving push notifications on my iphone 4s but i AM getting them on my ipad. Im using this same flightaware account for each device obviously. Do i only get that ability on one or the other? Shouldnt it work on both?

We send alerts to all devices of that type, so you should theoretically be getting them on both devices. On the alert management screen, you’ll see that the checkbox only lets you select the channel type for alerts to be delivered to, and that the iOS checkbox should list the names of both of your devices next to it.

It’s possible that there is something going on with Apple’s Push Server that is contributing to these problems. We’ll continue to monitor the situation. If there are any other users that have recently started having problems with Apple push notifications, we’d appreciate hearing from them.

Yes i saw that on the alert management screen that only my ipad was showing up but not my iphone. I looked everywhere on my account settings to see if i needed to add my iphone somewhere but i remember i didnt need to do that with ipad, it just worked. Id rather have them on my iphone than on my ipad.

I’ve checked your user account and it looks like you indeed only have your ipad registered. It’s possible that we received some delivery bounces from your iphone and it was disabled on your account. Try logging out and back in from the iphone app and it should reappear on your account next to your ipad.

looks like that did the trick. thanks for the help!

I have an iPhone 4s and recently my push notification button on alerts has been blacked out and will not let me set up push notifications. I tried logout and log back in with no luck as well as delete off phone completely and reinstall. Any advice?

I looked at your account and it appears that appears that Apple Push Notifications are configured for 2 of your 3 alerts, and our backend is returning that Apple Push is available. Could you try creating a new alert and let me know if Apple Push is an available option? Also, if you could take a screenshot (pressing the home and lock buttons together), that may help us troubleshoot what is wrong.

It is now working about an hour after the reinstall thank you

Glad to hear it’s working. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

I am having the same issue as blancaster09. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6 and the most current version of the FA app. The problem started recently, possibly when I installed iOS6. I know that my iPhone is linked to my FA account because it shows up in my list of options when I create an alert using the website. But the Apple Push, Email Address, and Mobile Email options are all greyed out every time I try to create an alert using the mobile app. I have tried logging out and logging back in and also deleting and reinstalling the app.

Thanks for your help.

There is a known issue affecting some users where some alert options are unavailable (e.g. Apple Push, Email, Mobile Email). This happens when the app has not gotten a list of available “push channels” from FlightAware. This issue will be resolved in the next release of our app, but as a temporary workaround, you can open the “My FlightAware” tab after loading the app before setting up an alert to ensure the list of “push channels” has been downloaded.

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience.

ah OK

same here… I thought I was doing something wrong.
iPhone 5 running newest OS

latest update (last night) seems to be working now
very nice

thanks