Identify a flight

I was flying Eastbound over central California on Wednesday March 16. I saw what appeared to be a Quantas A380 flying West/Southwest bound. I wanted to see which flight it was to confirm what I saw. Any idead on how to determine if it was an A380 by looking at past flights. I’m not even positive that it was Quantas, however it did look to have a red tail and resembled the A380 using small binoculars that I keep in the cockpit. Just thought I would put it out there. I have looked at what I can find of their schedules and do not see where one would be flying over that location. It was a little south of Fresno.

Quantas doesn’t have any A380’s. In fact, Quantas isn’t the name of any airline in the world. There is an airline named Qantas.

After spending a few minutes looking at the LAX arrivals and departures, I couldn’t find any Qantas flights with A380’s operating around Fresno.

You could have seen QFA107, an A332 that operates from LAX to JFK.

Quantas doesn’t have any A380’s. In fact, Quantas isn’t the name of any airline in the world. There is an airline named Qantas.

After spending a few minutes looking at the LAX arrivals and departures, I couldn’t find any Qantas flights with A380’s operating around Fresno.

You could have seen QFA107, an A332 that operates from LAX to JFK.

Thanks for the correction, I’m glad that there are guys like you to point out little mistakes like that. Qantas flight QFA107 is an A332 (a two engine Airbus). The plane that I saw had four engines. Qantas flight QFA107 wouldn’t come far enough north to be on the flight path that I saw. I will keep looking and again thanks for setting me straight. :unamused:

Thanks for the correction, I’m glad that there are guys like you to point out little mistakes like that. Qantas flight QFA107 is an A332 (a two engine Airbus). The plane that I saw had four engines. Qantas flight QFA107 wouldn’t come far enough north to be on the flight path that I saw. I will keep looking and again thanks for setting me straight. :unamused:

After spending about 20 minutes researching the A380’s flights, to and from LAX, QFA107 was the only Qantas flight I could find that that went even went close to FAT. The A380’s all stayed close to LAX. (Yes, I know the A330 is a twin engined aircraft.)