Hockey Tail Numbers

The St. Louis Blues never used Miami Air, before Midwest they used a fly by night company called Sky King (out of KSAC?).

I beleive they used AA and before that TW also. I worked several Sky King aircraft when they filmed ā€œLegally Blonde IIā€ here in SPI. Resse Witherspoon had an LJ31 over at the other FBO unfortunately. I never had heard of them prior but the crew told me that they were mainly a sports charter. At the time they had 2 old 732ā€™s.

Listening to the Note play right now, San Jose is up by one, scored it on a 5 on 3. Letā€™s pick it up, Go Blue!

Those using Midwest aircraft are using all of these different tail numbers in the process, hence the reason why thereā€™s only one flight on record per number.

Why is this so? Can anyone further clarify this?

This is the time of year hockey and baseball starts to conflict. Stars and Ranger are sharing 757SS. It had to go SJC > GYR > DAL > SJC over the last two days to get the Rangers home from spring training and then back to Cali to get the Stars down to LA. Expect the Red Wings/Tigers bird to be making extra hops, as well

Western Conference Finals!
N757SS vs. N682RW

The Flyers have been using Champion Air for the past 4 or 5 years so have the 76ers, but used Air Canada Jetz to go to Montreal and will be flying them to PIT on Thursday 5/8.

Champion will be ending operations at the end of the month, from my understanding the planes are owned by the NBA and Northwest Airlines I think it is about 7 aircraft total.

The Penguins started flying Miami Air this year after Sky King (spill king) went under. They also do The Miami Heat, Florida Marlins and a few other baseball and hockey teams.

Sorry for bumping up the thread, but itā€™s that time of year againā€¦ Preseason hockey!

I think I found something that checked out. I may have found the flight that the Bruins took to Halifax this afternoon.

Prior to jumping on an early-afternoon charter flight out of Hanscom with his club, coach Claude Julien said he felt upwards of 28 players in camp were good enough to make an NHL roster.

Found here: boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ā€¦ ought.html

This is the only flight that checks out with the information out of the Boston Globeā€¦ Air Canada #7031.

OH BOY.

2008-2009 Preseason NHL Charters

WEEK 1 Sep 22nd 2008

Canadiens @ Bruins (Halifax, NS)

MTL Charter
flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ā€¦ /CYUL/CYHZ

BOS Charter
flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ā€¦ /KBED/CYHZ

Sens @ Rangers

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ā€¦ /CYOW/KLGA

Pens @ Lightning

flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK6 ā€¦ /KPIT/KTPA
Blues @ Kings Split Squad (KANSAS CITY, MO)**

Kings Charter

flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ8 ā€¦ /KLAX/KMCI

Blues Charter

flightaware.com/live/flight/MEP8 ā€¦ /KSUS/KMKC

Canucks @ Oilers

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ā€¦ /CYVR/CYEG
Coyotes @ Kings Split Squad**

flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ7 ā€¦ /KPHX/KBUR

Devils @ Flyers and** Sabres @ Leafs** probably were bused in

Stars @ Blues:
23-Sep-2008 > KDAL-KSTL

Stars Home:
23-Sep-2008 > KSTL-KDAL

I am looking for the Nashville Predators Plane if anyone has it. Thanks a lot.

I donā€™t know about this year, but in the past they (like my beloved but downtrodden Blues) used Midwest, so if you see any YX MD80ā€™s out of BNA, thatā€™s probably them.

Hereā€™s the Current list for the 2008/2009 Season:

Anaheim Ducksā€“
Atlanta Thrashersā€“
Boston Bruins-- ACA7031
Buffalo Sabres-- BSK697
Calgary Flame-- ACA7035 or ACA7036
Carolina Hurricanes-- PCE3876
Chicago Blackhawksā€“
Colorado Avalanche-- SWQ737
Columbus Blue Jackets-- N697BJ
Dallas Stars-- N757SS
Detroit Redwings-- N682RW
Edmonton Oilers-- ACA7039 or ACA7040
Florida Panthers-- BSK694
Los Angeles Kingsā€“
Minnesota Wild-- SWQ737
Montreal Canadiens-- ACA7041 or ACA7042
Nashville Predatorsā€“
New Jersey Devils-- N615PA
New York Islanders-- BSK693
New York Rangers-- N37NY(Flight Blocked)
Ottawa Senators-- ACA7047 or ACA4048
Philadelphia Flyers-- NWA9928
Pittsburgh Penguins-- BSK692
Phoenix Coyotes-- SWQ801
San Jose Sharksā€“
St. Louis Bluesā€“
Tampa Bay Lightning-- BSK695
Toronto Maple Leafs-- ACA7043 or ACA7044
Vancouver Canucks-- ACA7037 or ACA7038
Washington Capitals-- BSK690

If anybody has any updates on the missing ones, please let us know. Some of the ones that are blank have ones on the 1st page that are no longer working.

Los Angeles Kings- Check out SWQ 737

I have photos of the Hurricanes, Capitals, and Oilersā€™ charter aircraft. When I get them off my camera I will post them.

flightaware.com/live/flight/SGB21

Sharks

The Dallas Stars are stopping in Great Falls, Montana on their way back to Dallas. Anybody care to guess why?

flightaware.com/live/flight/N757 ā€¦ /CYVR/KGTF

Could be to clear customs. DAL is a landings right airport (LRA) while GTF is an international airport.

In short, you need prior permission to land at a LRA when coming from a foreign country. You donā€™t need permission at an international airport.

(Note: Just because an airport has ā€œinternationalā€ in it doesnā€™t mean that it is an international airport with customs facilities)

see the-airport-guide.com/cbpfaq.php and
dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1226943980107.shtm

Good info. Makes sense but it doesnā€™t jibe with these flights originating in Canada and going direct to KDAL(Unless a new rule as of 1-1-2009 is in place):
24-Dec-2008 > CYYZ-KDAL
04-Dec-2008 > CYEG-KDAL

They may have been able to pre-clear US customs in YYZ and YEG and not in YYC.