Getting into aerobatics!!!

I am going to be starting aerobatic lessons, I have narrowed down my choices of locations to either Executive Flyers (www.aerialadvantage.net). Executive is run by Mike Goulian and Aerial is run by Rob Holland so I don’t think I can go wrong with either choice! :smiley:

So I have a few questions. The first is does anyone have any experience with either one of these flight schools? Either with aerobatics or just flight training? Second question is do I use their "normal" aerobatic instructors, or is it worth the extra $40 per hour or so to fly with Mike or Rob?

I want to have as much knowledge as I can under my belt before I start shelling out the big bucks for flying time so I got my hands on "Basic Aerobatics" (and am about 1/4 the way through it), and have "Advanced Aerobatics" on the way. Does anyone know of any instructional aerobatic dvd's out there? I want to make the most of the money that I will be spending and want to have as much of a base on the knowledge before I start learning how to actually fly aerobatics.

If money is an issue (and it sounds like it is), I would go with one of their normal instructors first to learn the basics. Then after a few lessons, I would shell out the extra money for a few hours worth with Mike/Rob. Just my $0.02

Stick with the basic instructors unless you want to use your skills to enter high-level IAC contests. The novice class IAC maneuvers are pretty basic.