Funny Captions For FlightAware Pictures

The subject of this thread has been changed from “Worst FlightAware Photos,” please read on.

Very fun idea. I do have a picture of Lindberg’s grave, and it is a very cool place.

As an alternative, how about a thread where you submit a caption for the subject pic?
The first pic: “the latest secret stealth aircraft - in sky blue cammo”

you submit a caption for the subject pic

The Tornado that uses a force field for the front landing gear!

The force field is hidden in the upside down table! Who would suspect it!

I think this is a fun idea… but we should remember that there may be physically disabled aviation fans, as well as mentally challenged aviation fans, that are members on this site. When I first joined, I kept seeing all these really blurry, far-away photos being posted, and I started to make a comment about it, and then I realized that no one else had made any comments, and this person had been posting similar photos for a very long time. It occurred to me that maybe this person is just as much an aviation fan as the rest of us, but is disabled in some way, and just doing the best they can.

I suppose I just want to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings. As long as the “worst photo” posting is kept in a spirit of fun, it should be cool.

I suppose I just want to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings. As long as the “worst photo” posting is kept in a spirit of fun, it should be cool.

Thank you for the advice. Because of these considerations…

As an alternative, how about a thread where you submit a caption for the subject pic?

I have changed the thread to Funny Captions for FlightAware Photos in response joelwiley’s very good suggestion.

Enjoy!

“the latest secret stealth aircraft - in sky blue cammo”

HSLA area warning!
(High Sign Low Altitude)

Trying to Shake Stuffy Image,
FedEx Joins in First Ever Game of Airplane Leap Frog

Kayakers found deep in forest.

Local RC aircraft owner to blame for Golden Gate Bridge closure.

“A Global jet airliner, en route from London to New York on an uneventful afternoon in the year 1961, but now reported overdue and missing, and by now, searched for on land, sea, and air by anguished human beings, fearful of what they’ll find. But you and I know where she is. You and I know what’s happened. So if some moment, any moment, you hear the sound of jet engines flying atop the overcast - engines that sound searching and lost - engines that sound desperate - shoot up a flare or do something. That would be Global 33 trying to get home - from The Twilight Zone.”

(From “The Odyssey of Flight 33”)

“The flight of Mr. Robert Wilson has ended now, a flight not only from point A to point B, but also from the fear of recurring mental breakdown. Mr. Wilson has that fear no longer… though, for the moment, he is, as he has said, alone in this assurance. Happily, his conviction will not remain isolated too much longer, for happily, tangible manifestation is very often left as evidence of trespass, even from so intangible a quarter as the Twilight Zone.”

(From “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet”)

I love the Twilight Zone… unfortunately this afternoon the photo section of FlightAware seems to have taken a trip there, so I can only read your captions. Looking forward to seeing the attached photos, hopefully soon!

LATER NOTE
They’re ba-a-a-ack! :mrgreen:

The Lady of the Lake had been roused from her eons of slumber by an annoying whine that went on, and on, and on. She was not amused. Slowly, she rose to the surface and used her magic power to draw the source of irritation down into the depths, as she had once drawn Excalibur down so long ago…

Can’t get a date because you eat too many beans? Your problems are over!

The obvious way to skip long security lines and make scanning machines obsolete:

“Well, son, sometimes when two airplanes really love each other…”

Planes do barf!

flightaware.com/photos/view/481- … tes/page/5