For Dami, Pik, Planeaholic, et. al.

Checkout scheduled departure for N619AF.

The boy is all aflutter!

He just loves mountain flying.

What would make this ideal is for another flight plan to be filed for N619AF to either LVK or HWD to give me a ride. It’s only a couple of hours further.

Yeah, but he’s so unreasonable about diverting.

Won’t even stop and pick me up!

I’ve even offered to feed him, which is usually a surefire way to get him here. (He’s got a metabolism whereby he can eat vast quantities of foods and remain tall and skinny. I hate that!) :wink:

I’m on his way…kinda…he can pick me up and hop me over to PLK so I don’t have to drive…

Too late. Go outside, look to the SSW and wave.

I noticed…

someone just made a hard right turn…wondering if he would catch that weather around DEN or not…

GOD BLESS ON BOARD NEXRAD!!!

Exactly!

Denver center was doing their best to get airlines into denver, but there was a wicked line of storms blocking the way. I think we were one of the last planes to pick our way through a small gap before it closed behind us, as seen here:

Very interesting trip so far! We were in the Bahamas yesterday…

and then Jackson Hole today!

Awesome pics!! Yeah, my parents got that right after you did. They were on UAL 333 (I think, I’ve slept since then) and my mom lost it on the way in…too bumpy for her.

I miss the Bahamas…I am used to coming into MYAT, which, for all purposes, as with most airports in the Bahamas, looks almost the same on final…

I second cfi’s high metabolism!! I’m 6’3", 31 years old, and THIS YEAR I finally cracked 175 lbs. I have decent muscle definition, but I have that “long” body type that will probably never look completely filled out. Oh, and I eat around 3400 calories/day. It’s so hard to keep the weight up, y’know. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

[quote=“planeaholic”]

And you like long walks on the beach at night…
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of your favorite things…

Woh…where did that come from…

“The Sound of Music”, Rodgers and Hammerstein. :wink:

Well, I’m a little over 6’6" and down to around 240 lbs.

Back in the days when I was still eating snakes and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes I would yo-yo from ~210 to ~225, although I was under 145 lbs at one point years ago after a bout of malaria.

As I entered my dotage I ballooned up to ~320!

CFI apparently burns calories like a hummingbird, which is rather surprising as he’s quite laid back. My Viking genes must have been out to lunch the day we laid his keel.

I’ll walk past a box of Entenman’s cookies and gain a pound. He’ll EAT a whole box of Original Chocolate Chip and not gain an ounce. I hate it!

I KNOW THAT…I am the one that copy/pasted the lyrics!

It was refering to a “what the hell did I just say” or “where did I pull that out from?”

STEP AWAY FROM THE COFFEE!

Note the wink Pik, I understand the meaning of rhetorical.

It was my first time there, we went from Saint Augustine to Palm Beach to Andros Town International to clear Bahamian customs (what a joke) and then on to Staniel Cay, not seen on the FA track since it was inter-island and we went VFR anyway. Then it was back to Andros to clear again and then on to Opa Locka, VFR to Fort Meyers to get some charts (we dont carry western stuff since its outside our area and we almost never go out there [still here]) and FINALLY on to Middle of nowhere Mississippi. Phew.
Then the next day was the LONG flight to KJAC and today we HAD to layover here in Jackson hole. sigh :wink:
I went for a hike and had an accidental run-in with a moose and her calf!