Flightfeeder + WiFi

Hi,
I just got my Flightfeeder and I plan to use an external WiFi dongle with it. The dongle that I have needs some configuration in the Raspberry Pi before I can get it working.
From what I can see the password authentication over SSH is disabled(I get: Permission denied (publickey).).
Is there any other way to connect to the Flightfeeder?

There are instructions here: post194514.html#p194514

If you have a FlightFeeder Orange you do not need an external dongle.

Thanks for the hint! Unfortunately it’s not working with my dongle.
I need to install some specific drivers first. Previously I was able to make the WiFi adapter work with an Raspberry Pi 2.
I have the original version of the flightfeeder. Do you happen to know if the flightfeeder is accessible with the user:pi and password:flightfeeder if I connect a display/keyboard?

The FlightFeeder doesn’t provide shell accesss; it is remotely managed by FlightAware.

You’ll need to use a wifi dongle that is supported under Raspbian jessie without special drivers.
I know that at least the RTL8188CUS / EW-7811Un dongles will work fine:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Got it! Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Is WiFi connectivity fairly reliable for PiAware? I’m thinking about using a 150Mbs N wifi dongle. Think it’ll work well?

I plan to move the 7. blue metal one into a plastic enclosure. The LAN is not an option. What to do now. I tried editing the config file but it’s obvious that the piware image which is auto upgraded and controlled doesn’t allow the wifi to run at all.

Any solution?