Emirates landed...

A6-EEO , Emirates’ first A380 to fly regular to Los Angeles, landed a while ago…and got duly showered…
FlightAware didn’t recognize the plane, but did recognize the flight…weather in LA was and is mostly cloudy…

At the same time – Air New Zealand is showing off their newest special livery with ZK-OKO – a “grand dragon” along the side, promotional for the latest Hobbit movie “The Devastation of Smaug” (…hope I spelled that right…)
A special event is held for Air New Zealand folks at the Flightpath Museum…

…it’s “The Desolation of Smaug”, not “devastation”…it hit me soon after I had posted…

Tuesday flight passed southbound over Vancouver, BC at 1938 GMT. Big red Emirates patch on bottom of fuselage.

Gary

…cool…
…an hour and a half from LA now…weather here is kinda “nice” – so I’ll see if I can “catch it” in a while…

…FlightAware is very helpful – but I still have to learn, if possible, to identify plane from knowing flight…

…and now the Emirates A380 arrived at LAX just as predicted by FlightAware (around 1:40pm local time) and conditions were pretty “neat”…I lucked out…cloudy, but not completely cloudy…
I give Emirates very high marks for their livery… : )