dump1090 3D Viewer

I have updated the 3d.zip…with stronger colors. disabled the viewer-fog ect ect.
You can tweak a lot of things in the script…

Regards Bram

1 Like

:airplane: 3D mountains…!

1 Like

It’s just beautiful.
I am still struggling a bit to get it to run reliably on my 8 core CPU. It has a pretty solid graphics card, but it does not plot at a good update rate.

What specs PC do you have?

MacBook Pro 15-inch, Early 2013 2,4 GHz Intel Core i7…
Its take some time to render :wink:.

Hi Bram,
my Version is 4.1.1 i386. The JSON gets loaded

- some fields are empty because there is no connection to Planefinder (as I don’t want to upload consolidated data - so I don’t get data von PF vice versa.
So please don’t bother - unless someone else has these problems I’m totally fine with the dump1090 version :slight_smile:
best regards
Danny

1 Like

The script can work with the plane finder client.

if you don’t need route, type, registration and iata code you can commend ( // ) the lines
for the pf routine. but I suspect more lines need be changed further down the code regarding the ‘flightno’.
currently tinkering the code further (I use dump1090-mutability) and will post results when I have it. initially just changed the labels.

I found that labels just killed the speed and really killed the whole experience.
At the moment my site does not have them, I like the clean look. I have VRS and FlightAirMap for information and the 3D is pure beautiful. I am trying to just use it as a full screen browser.

the way to go !
but you can still have only one label for the flight no (ICAO or tail-nbr) to have an idea what is displayed a particular pin. checked your PF polar, looks impressive. too many aircraft.
try to zoom-in to about 20 aircraft, see if browser speed improves…

All. I found it really helpful to test my browser.
https://cesiumjs.org/troubleshooting/

It showed that my graphics card driver was out of date, once updated, this whole 3D viewer works much much better and is now far smoother as well.

3 Likes

Found a small error in your config index.html. I send you a PM

May this will also help improve redering speed…

viewer.globe.enableLighting = true;

to

viewer.globe.enableLighting = false;

Hi, thebaldgeek , i had some fun this morning :slight_smile:

Wow, turning that lighting effect off has made a huge bump in my performance. Much much much smoother and a lot more responsive to tilt and pan now.
Thanks for pointing that out.

It looks like you are either smoothing out or removing the drop markers, Sure cleans things up and makes it look very nice.

1 Like

Las Vegas this morning.

1 Like

Phoenix is always busy with all the flight school traffic.

1 Like

Windy afternoon

Close …? :thinking: