DELTA/NORTHWEST MERGER APPROVED

Well, today the merger was approved.

news.delta.com/article_display.c … e_id=11176

It’s going to be strange in a few years to see Northwest’s B747s, A320s and A330s in Delta colors. If I’m not mistaken, Delta hasn’t had any Airbus aircraft in their fleet since they got rid of the A300s and A310s inherited from the Pan Am trans-Atlantic route acquisitions back in 1991.

No kidding. They are going to have a very complex fleet.

Delta got rid of lots of DC-9’s. Now they are back!

Delta was also an earlier user of 747’s, though they didn’t really have the routes that would support it. Now they are getting them again and they have the routes to support them.

Outside of the 310’s received from Pan Am and the subsidiary airlines, Delta has never operated any foreign made aircraft.

Here’s the aircraft that Delta has operated over the years. Quite a variety, especially considering that many different types were operated at the same time.
DC-3
DC-4
DC-6
DC-7
DC-8
DC-9 (including the MD-80 series)
DC-10
MD-11
B727
B737
B747
B757
B767
B777
L-1011
A310
Convair 440
Convair 340
C-46
L-100
Constellation
MD90
Convair 880
FH-227 (guess a case could be made that this was a foreign made airline in that it was based on the F27, though made by Fairchild)

Well, Delta did tell Boeing that it would only buy from them for 20 years back in 1997 though I think the EU said that the contract was invalid.

query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h … A961958260

MINNEAPOLIS - Delta Air Lines CEO Richard Anderson will get stock awards worth almost $13.6 million beginning next year for closing the carrier’s buyout of Northwest Airlines, according to new filings.
… about 15 percent of its shares to various employees, including almost 10 percent to the rank-and-file. Another 3.5 percent is going to about 700 officers, directors, and managers.
… Delta President Ed Bastian, who is also running Northwest now, will get stock awards worth $8.4 million …

http://tinyurl.com/5sqq59

Anderson may have worked hard but I’m not sure its worth 13.6 million :unamused: