C6 WET

Saw this in MYNN last week. Probably the most appropriate tail number ever. It certainly was a gorgeous airplane.

From the most appropriate we now go to the … least appropriate…especially for a bush plane! :blush:

at least it’s an Otter and not the DHC-2 :confused:

I was in MYNN yeaterday and there is a jetstream with the tail number

HH-JET

I was a ramper on the Jetstreams way back when…that tail number sounds like an oxymoron.

When I was at Riddle in DAB in the 90’s there was a Cadet (Warrior) or maybe a Mooney, I forget, that had the tail number N166ER. Not too offensive, but if you imagine it in the standard ‘block font’ used for tail numbers it was QUITE offensive to some of the minorities in the area if they saw it from a distance. The reg was eventually decommissioned.

The infamous 6ER, I’ve heard of her, but never seen her.

I looked it up last week and it was associated with a T-28, IIRC.

I’ve seen a Mooney around in CA with callsign N100NY. The N and 1 are so close together and slanted off at a certain angle making it appear the registration is “MOONY”.

:laughing: Ain’t no one ever gonna see that n’number!

I probably still have a pic of the ERAU bird somewhere, I’ll take a look.

Can you have the option of NOT having a tailnumber prefixed with “N” in the United States, or are some of those non-US registrations?

C6 is the Bahamas
C is Canada
All US registered a/c are N

You guys are lucky, we got two measly letters to choose from, seeing that our prefix is VQ-T…

Ahh, the Turks and Caicos!?
Yeah with VQ-T you sure won’t be able to come up with to many offensive or funny tale numbers, although you could come up with a few 3 letter words after the VQ-T that would still be funny, in fact I can think of one that even encorporates the T at the beginning, the VQ could stand for Very Quality, plus 4 letter plural word that begins with T. :smiley:

I was in Provo 3 days ago

Cool. In the Lear?

Now that I’m looking at the FA page for MBPV… what does the Department of State use the C-27A Spartans for and why isn’t the registration blocked?

Yeah- I was there for about an hour. It took the med team a long time to go get the dude. I love how you have to fill out a paper saying that you don’t have H1N1, and the last question: have you been around of handled pigs in the last month? ahhhh DER…
I have no clue about the C-27A’s- and our tail is blocked also

One of our owners goes down there a lot, and insists his airplane stays in the US, so we get to fly back and forth to FXE when he goes. I’d love to stay in Provo for the weekend, but instead it’s the Courtyard in Ft. Lauderdale :cry: I just wanna stay ONCE!!!

Haha I live less then 1 mile from the courtyard.

Let me know the next time you’re in FXE.

An RV in SoCal. The guy built the plane after work into the night Tail number N1TE.

Frank Holbert
160knots.com