*BUG:* Track Log No Longer Viewable??

Why cant you view the flight track log anymore??:?: …the button for it is still present, but when you click on it, your forwarded to an empty log page… :frowning: I thought it might just be the few flights i was trying to look at, but it doesn’
t log ANY flights AT ALL anymore! Hope F/A knows about and is working on this fix!, if not, hope this bulletin somehow notifies them…
-Chris L- -California

Seems to work fine for me. Can you give a specific example, page you are linking from, etc.?

like just the norm, where you click on a specific live flight tracking page, then off to the right of the map, in the info area, there is a column where it says “status”, then says “enroute”(well it says enroute, of course,DUH, while the aircraft is enroute only, but says only Track Log if its arrived)…well, you used to be able to view the actual TRACKING info when the flight was in the air, like in text format as in: it would tell you update time(s), coordinates, speed, altitude…and it would be updated like every 2-5 minutes (during the flight), --this is actually the coordinate data that flightaware uses to draw up the tracking line maps that are displayed–, anyways, then when the flight had landed, under ‘status’, there would just be a link saying “track log”, u click on that, then it gives the track log for the entire flight from Dept. to Arvl. Well NOW,(post F/A update), that ‘track log’ button is not visible and clickable until AFTER the flight lands!, and even then, when you click on it, your forwarded to the page that has like the template for the track log…, but there is no log data there!.. :frowning:

You gave a very long, incoherent, hard-to-read answer but didn’t really answer the question.

In order to help you, please answer the following question:
What flights are you tracking. Give the flight ID and number, along with the url copied from the address bar.

Examples:
FDX735 on 9/12

To get the above, do the following steps:

1. Enter [
  2. Enter the description (e.g. FDX735 on 9/12)
  3. Enter ](
    )

Alternatively, you can just copy-and-paste the url, although it doesn’t look as neat*: flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX7 … /KMEM/KFSD

And don’t forget to use the “enter” key- it is your friend.

*That’s “neat” as in “uncluttered,” not as in “neat-o” :slight_smile:

What Browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox, MS Internet Explorer, Safari?
What Operating System? Mac OS, Windows XP, Vista?

I know it is a simple idea, but make sure you are logged in to FA (not just the forums). This has happened to me a couple of times.

You don’t need to be registered to view a tracklog.

Well wow, i thought i was PRETTY damn specific myself…lol…cause as i said 2x, its doing that with ANY flight on ANY day with ANY operator, not just a specific flight…so it would be a pretty lonnnngggg blog to list the over 200+ flights that Ive tried to view the log on with no success…lol…All I know is: this bug kicked in proceeding the F/A update a week or so ago…BTW, yes, I’m registered and am permanently logged in, so thats not it, and you don’t have to be logged in to view the flight track log(s) regardless…Oh, FYI, I’m running the latest release of Firefox, hope that helps…This is driving me nuts too, lol, cause I’m a computer programmer for Microsoft for a living…so I have checked all the local system settings and tweaks that may have disabled something but, its NOT my system…It would’nt be that big of a deal, but I use(d) the track log very frequently to extract the exact coordinates and to check the exact time stamp of last position report…well, Thanks in advance. -Chris L., California

Are you using the beta-fleetmaps site? Among other things, it does not provide tracklogs.
If not, you’ll have to provide tail numbers and flights for me to look into your problem. Picking a random flight shows a full tracklog: flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU1 … S/tracklog

The “enter” key on you keyboard seems to be broken.

The key word in jhwenger’s message is “Microsoft”… :wink:

Thank You mduell (FlightAware Staff), for being an ADULT, & actually supporting what this forum is in place for: Discussing arising problems, & helping eachother out, whilst not being childish about things such as what each individual’s typing pattern may be. :laughing: Thats not what we’re here for, nor is it a priority in this situation… Anyways, in response, yes, this track log problem is occurring with my use of the beta site. So I guess I will just have to go back to the initial site so that I can access t/logs… If I may curiously ask: why aren’t flight track logs an incorporated, functioning part of beta?..Is this just temporary, or are they never gonna be added to beta?..and if they are to be worked in, around when would you say they’ll be incorporated?.. Thank You sincerely for the up front, no b/s, wonderful support that you & the F/A staff continue to provide for your members…its much appreciated!..Have a good one! -Chris L.

The beta site is only intended to demonstrate a few features close to being released; expect features on the beta site to be down occasionally with no specific timeframe for being fixed.

At the present time there’s no reason to use the beta site over the main site; all of the maps we were demonstrating have been integrated in to the main site.

Does Bill know that you’re NOT using MSIE 7??? :open_mouth: :laughing:

You’re secret’s safe with us :wink:

Ok, thanks mduell, and well see the thing is… the whole reason why I began to stick with using beta was because it had one new, very noticeable feature that I VERY much like…which is, on the traffic maps, the ‘Origin-to-Destination’ tab at the bottom of each aircraft data block (I.E.):

SKW3743 CRJ2
280  328
KSBP  KSLC  <----This Part

Well…now, because it makes no sense to use beta anymore, since as you said, all of the beta features have been incorporated into the default site (and because the beta traffic maps aren’t even displaying traffic as of this morning…), I’ve switched back to the default F/A site…but to my disappointment, the aircraft data tags on the traffic maps do not contain the third line origin/destination info… :frowning: Which is weird because I have seen them being used on the default site within the past week or so, but they have been coming and going…so you see thats why I have stuck with the beta site, because they are permanent there…so maybe its just right at this moment their not being displayed cause you guys are tweaking the software or something, or??..Please let me know what the status is in regards to this feature…Much Thanks! -Chris L.

P.S. - I have just noticed that the origin/destination data block info is currently being displayed on the FLEET maps..but for some reason, still not displayed on any airport traffic maps.

The small airport maps have the origin/destination, but the big pop-up maps don’t.

Yeah, thats what I’m talking about, are the clickable, enlarged pop-up ones…why don’t they have the origin/destination info?, cause the big maps in Beta had that info…and didn’t you say that all of the features of beta had been worked into the default site?..sorry, I’m confused…are the big ones -supposed- to show them, but are just experiencing errors at this moment?, or is this function never gonna be added to the big maps??.. Thanks again for your time! -Chris L.

Yeah, thats what I’m talking about, are the clickable, enlarged pop-up ones…why don’t they have the origin/destination info?, cause the big maps in Beta had that info…and didn’t you say that all of the features of beta had been worked into the default site?..sorry, I’m confused…are the big ones -supposed- to show them, but are just experiencing errors at this moment?, or is this function never gonna be added to the big maps??.. Thanks again for your time! -Chris L.

There was a problem with the origin/destination tags on the big airport maps. They will return when it’s fixed.

To prevent people from asking/posting the same question over and over: Do you at least have a rough estimate of how many days it should be, or do you have absolutely no clue? Thanks for your time…