Ba 747

Hi to all of you.

Going around the site I’ve fount the 747 of BA is present in three versions: 744 or 744/Q or 744/W.

Which are the differences among them?

Thank
Bubi

This and other questions are answered at flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt

This specific questions is at flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt#aircraftsuffix

All are 747-400s. The /q or /w tells Air Traffic Control the equipment and navigation capabilities of the aircraft.

Now was that so hard?

Thank :wink:

Give a man a fish…

Either give him where he can find the answer or give him the complete answer.

flightaware.com/about/faq_aircra … suffix.rvt

Nope. Quick and dirty. I figured I’d give the guy with 2 total posts a bit of a break.

That’s why I gave him the link to the questions/answers. You read the “directions” you can enjoy the site better.

It is OK: I apreciated both the answers :wink:

Now I know the difference: that’s enough for me :wink:

Please excuse my butting in here ,but they actually fly two different types of 747, LHR-SFO= one has the world traveler + behind First , and the other has them behind Buisiness class and nearly in the middle of aircraft I have flown several time this route ,and if you check SEAT GURU you will see the seating arrangments :question:

Hi davidxvpara! Welcome to the FA forums.

The differences you mention pertain to cabin seating arrangements. The differences noted by the OP of this thread deal primarily with navigation capabilities of the aircraft.

/Q = Has Advanced RNAV capabilities (With Transponder) and has required Navigational Performance. The aircraft meets the RNP type prescribed for the route segment(s), route(s) and/or area concerned and is capable of operating under Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum rules.

/W = is capable of operating under Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum rules

The differences in equipment and cabin arrangements are not directly related.