Auto selection of wifi points

I have have a Pi running flightaware 9.0 and using a GPS as a travel unit.

Is there a way to create multiple wifi options that will automatically select an available access point?

Use case.

I would like to set up my unit to automatically connect to the home wifi, a second option for a different location, maybe a work office or a location i visit frequently like out of town family, or, if those fail, connect to a portable hotspot like a cell phone?

Just plugging it into a ethernet cable works as an option, but having an available ethernet port isn’t always an option.

I looked up some posts and (I think) I have been able to add them to wpa_suplicant.conf, but If I do a list function it only sees the first wifi option on the card.

I would like it to pick the strongest signal /access point, without needing c keyboard and monitor/display of sorts every time I need it.

The wifi points will be well out side of normal range. (20+ miles or more) so it won’t be jumping between them, and using a phone hotspot is easy to control as I can disable it in the phone when not needed.

I suppose I could clone the card creating different sd card variants based on where i am going to use it, and carry them around, but having the card auto select based on what it sees, and allowing it to connect to my phone when it around known networks, seems a more eloquent solution, especially when tweaking a setting or adding a feature.

Thanks in advance for any help. This has been a fun adventure in programming, since my college programming days of Assembler, Basic, Cobol and Java, Ladder Logic systems.