Any interesting trends from Covid-19

Eurocontrol has registered the last two Saturdays as the days which were closest to the values in 2019 with approx 25.8% less traffic.

1 Like

One thing that’s very obvious to me is that there’s less traffic in this area over the North Sea.

I guess perhaps some of that before was European stuff heading off to the Atlantic tracks, maybe?

There always seemed to be aircraft crossing that area but not now.

That’s outside my range, so i cannot answer this :slight_smile:

What i see here in mid-west germany is an uptrend this week again. I would assume some additional vacation flights back as the season ends here.

Check the upper level winds.

For the last year? :wink:

1 Like

According to Eurocontrol stats the last weekend days (Sat/Sun) where the ones with closest traffic to the values in 2019. Only arund 25% less in comparison.

Weekdays are at around 30-35%
I would assume that many business travellers are still not yet en route again and the weekends are vacation flights

The seven day average is on a constant level of around -30% since four weeks now

With over 80% population of Ontario vaccinated, and weather being good, more GA aircraft are now flying around Toronto.

This one seems to have week-end fun ride, or may be spraying pesticides??

Could be aerial surveying for real estate or GIS.

2 Likes

Doing it again today…

It is Cessna Executive Skyknight

1 Like

Could even be taking pictures for Google maps or Bing.

N61RW Aircraft Registration

1966 CESSNA 320E
Fixed wing multi engine
(6 seats / 2 engines)

Owner

SOL AERIAL SURVEYS LLC
LAS VEGAS , NV, US

1 Like

Aha!
(20 characters)

1 Like

I see those type of flight patterns near me every once in a while.

1 Like

We have this over Germany/Europe as well. Nowadays less, but during shutdown a lot. It was mainly a geo measurement flight

My house got mapped today. Actually three different surveys visible today, by 3 different planes in this image. (The arrow is my station under the spaghetti)

Aerial surveys can give a lot of messages and positions!
chrome_w6cRGFC7Rx

In terms of COVID trends, the sun is trying to make its last stand after 3 days of thunderstorms. Summer traffic isn’t quite finished here yet (with a little help from some first class airspy_adsb developers + active diapason antenna :grin:).

Aircraft (19 months)

Positions (1 month)

1 Like

Time for another long-term chart

This is my location for > 2 years now. Graphs show a 7-day average number of aircraft received by my device

That fits almost to the stats of Flightradar globally:

1 Like

The ident sort of gives a clue to the purpose of the flight

and I have just been surveyed!

Not sure it has anything to do with the thread title.

S

(still in lockdown and with a 9PM curfew)

2 Likes

No.

The flights were easier identified due to the lower traffic.

Due to the long lockdown and talks of mandatory lockdown in some industried we have a bit of civil unrest in Melbourne.

This is the police helicopter keeping an eye on the protesters in the city.

2 Likes

Looks like the peak days of this summer are over now. Trend goes down.

7-day average of my receiver