Announcing PiAware 3! (Latest version: 3.8.0)

OrangepiPC (OS Armbian) - Successful upgrade from version 3.1 to version 3.5

FIRST ATTEMPT: FAILED

pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo apt-get update 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo apt-get install piaware
[sudo] password for pi:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
piaware is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo apt-get install dump1090-fa
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
dump1090-fa is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

SECOND ATTEMPT: SUCCESS

pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo systemctl stop piaware 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo systemctl stop dump1090-fa 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo systemctl stop pfclient 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo systemctl stop fr24feed 

pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo dpkg --remove dump1090-fa
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-fa 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo rm -rf /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html

pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo dpkg --remove piaware
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo dpkg --purge piaware

pi@orangepipc:~$ wget http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/pool/piaware/p/piaware-support/piaware-repository_3.5.0_all.deb
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo dpkg -i piaware-repository_3.5.0_all.deb 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo apt-get update 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo apt-get install piaware 
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo piaware-config allow-auto-updates yes
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo piaware-config allow-manual-updates yes

pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo apt-get install dump1090-fa
pi@orangepipc:~$ sudo reboot 

Ok got home, cleared cache, still no joy…

https://www.conligwx.org/Screenshot.png

That is a symptom of the CSS failing to load correctly, IIRC.

Hard refresh of the browser cleared this for me (e.g., Shift-Refresh or whatever the equivalent is on your browser) if you run into it.

Feature lost or different UI?

If you click an airplane icon, an info screen pops up. You used to be able to click the top, left corner (registration number, I think) to center the plane on the display. The page would then track the centered plane. That feature seems to be gone now, unless there is another way to trigger it.

Managed to get it working by clearing the app cache in the end in the Android Settings, Apps, Chrome, Storage, Clear Cache.

You can doubleclick on the table entry or the aircraft icon itself but we do seem to have lost the ability to do it from the info window, I’ll see about getting that fixed.

Cool. Those options work for me.

Coming from 3.1.0, you used to be able to set “ChartBundleLayers = true” in the config.js file to get a couple other layers. This setting appears to no longer work. I only have the 5 options under “overlay toggles”

Has this been removed or relocated to a different spot?

I feel I should know this, but I do not.

3.5 is showing B-787s with 4 engine, “747 like icon.” Is there an EZ fix, and if so, how? Thank you.

Curious about what happened to “day of upgrade” data … My Tuesday (4/4) data just “went away” after having been posted before.
3.5.0 seems to perform better than the previous version I installed a couple weeks ago.

Please read this thread about stats: ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/what-s-up-with-ads-b-statistics-t38873.html

Question from a Noob-

So, if I shut down my PiAware unit, format the SD card, and install a new image, and turn it back on, does this mean all my statistical data, site number, and “broadcasting since” data will all be wiped out?

Your current site is identified by hardware MAC address so if you are still running on the same hardware, you don’t need to do anything special to continue using your existing site.

Anyone using piaware 3.5 checked ChartBundle maps today?
I just reloaded a fresh load of 3.5 and made the customizations I normally do for my network etc. I then edited config.js file for Bing maps. extra range rings, and ChartBundle. Everything works fine except I am getting blank base layer when I select any aviation map.
Do I need to dig more, does it not work with 3.5, or is the map server down???

EDIT: Guess it was server all is normal now

Hello,
since this morning, i have not column “distance” on Skyview list :frowning: and i have “unknown version” :question: also in skyview, but on my page it is indicated Feeder Type: PiAware (SD Card) 3.5.0

Have everybody this problem, what can i do to see Distance?
i reboot pi but same problem
Station LFMC

Thanks

Try clearing your browser cache.

Small bug in the stylesheet for v3.5.0, the font-family is defined as Helvetica Neue only with no backup through a large portion of the doc, the initial entry is OK.

I noticed that the table used a Serif font and work (Windows) and a Sans Serif (Mac) font at home so I went digging.

The stylesheet initially defines the font-family as Helvetica Neue, Sans-Serif; but then only as Helvetica Neue later on. My Mac at home has this font family installed, my PC at work doesn’t.

If you add Sans-Serif to all the families using Helvetica it all looks fine.

Here is a sample of the code below:

.infoHeading
{
font-family: Helvetica Neue;
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 18px;
color: #002F5D;
color: rgb(0, 47, 93);
}

.infoData
{
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 18px;
color: #000000;
color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}

.legend
{
width: 100%;
font-size: 12px;
color: #000000;
color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
display: inline-flex;
justify-content: flex-end;
padding-top: 10px;
}

Yeah, this is being fixed for the next release.

Is it normal with the 3.5.0 release for helicopters to not have tracks like winged aircraft do in PiAware Skyview?

I had helicopter tracks in 3.3.0 and that went away when I upgraded to 3.5.0.

If it’s a bug or unintended, I request a fix in the next version.