Latest version is 3.8.1, released on March 25th, 2020.
FlightAware is proud to announce the launch of PiAware 3.8.0! This version provides support for the Raspberry Pi 4.
Major release highlights:
- Buster support; sdcard image is now based on Buster; Pi 4 support.
- Changes to handling of noisy data; additional messages are required before aircraft are considered to be reliably tracked. This will affect site statistics (notably “Other” aircraft counts) for some sites.
- Wheezy is EOL and packages are no longer built for it. Please reimage with Buster.
- New Buster sdcard images now configure the network using the upstream style of having dhcpcd control everything. Existing sdcard images are unaffected.
- USB removable media is no longer automounted.
- The “flightaware-user” and “flightaware-password” configuration options are no longer used; please use the normal site-claiming mechanisms to associate sites with a FlightAware account.
- The usual bugfixes and small feature additions
FAQ: (I’ll add to this as things come up)
“I installed the PiAware 3.7.2 packages on Raspbian Buster, how do I upgrade to 3.8.0?”
You will need to manually install the Buster piaware-repository package to ensure that you get the Buster packages:
wget https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/pool/piaware/p/piaware-support/piaware-repository_3.8.0_all.deb sudo dpkg -i piaware-repository_3.8.0_all.deb sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
“I want to use the 3.8.0 sdcard image and configure a static IP”
There’s a bug in 3.8.0 that breaks static IP configuration. Please either wait for 3.8.1 or apply the fix in this post.
3.8.1 Release notes
- SkyAware: Added position age to aircraft detail pane
- SkyAware: Added ability to customize range ring distances in SkyAware
- Fixed - SkyAware banner aspect ratio
- Fixed - SkyAware ssue with “Group By Data Type” and “All Aircraft Trails” checkboxes not saving across browser refreshes
- Fixed - SkyAware bug when ShowFlags config.js setting is set to False
- Fixed - Fix buster-style static IP configuration
- Fixed - Add dependency on dhcpcd5 to pick up the address-defend patch on Buster