Announcing PiAware 3! (Latest version: 3.8.0)

Something is not quite right here then. New entries to DB are not showing up correctly.

Have a fairly standard 3.1.0 install (upgrade in place from 3.0.4).

I have used the python script to generate a new JSON DB based on a CSV file I have.

Nothing. Maybe clear your browser cache.

Hmmm OK, its not working quite right, I have three icons coming up as generic where their ICAOs are in the DB.

Using Incognito mode so there is no cache to clear.

Aircraft Details:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50785283/VOZ165.JPG

And in the 7.json file in the DB folder:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50785283/C7AA3.JPG

If you find there’s a bug there, let me know, but you will need to debug it yourself.
Obvious thing to check would be that the json that the browser receives is what you expect.
You did update the copy of the DB that’s actually being served, right?

Too much fiddling and I trashed the Pi and had to reimage.

After reimaging seems to have fixed the issue, I have noticed that a standard browser page refresh doesn’t reload the DB.

All seems good now :slight_smile:

I am fired up about the fa - mutability change, but I am traveling so I have to wait til I get home.

Wish I had gotten around to implementing remote access.

I won’t make that mistake again! :wink:

So you got addicted to this hobby very quickly, like most of us :smiley:

Yessir, and my stuff to get on the roof will be there, too.

Thank you to “rwinterhoff”
The new plane zoom factor works for me too. Now the planes are not the size of the Scottsdale 8,000 ft runway.

What I did, based on your previous post:

Change with >sudo nano /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/planeObject.js
Use Ctrl W to search for scaleFactor and then edit the line:

var scaleFactor = Math.max(0.2, Math.min(2.5, 0.15 * Math.pow(1.25, ZoomLvl))).toFixed(1);
to
var scaleFactor = Math.max(0.2, Math.min(.9, 0.15 * Math.pow(1.24, ZoomLvl))).toFixed(1);

Regards

Alex

On my Pi#1, I have dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev. I did not want to replace it with dump1090-fa, but wanted its map. I tried following, and now my dump1090-mutabiity has same map as that of dump1090-fa.

I am also using dump1090-mutability 1.15~dev and would like to do what you did and replace the html folder.

I don’t have the complete image installed on another RPi and therefore no access to the new html folder.

Any source for the folder short of installing the image on another memory card and then copy it as you did?

OBJ stated that the dump1090FA bits will be added to dump1090-mut when he has time.

Excellent - I will hold off till then.

Thanks for the info. Hadn’t noticed that even though I try to keep current.

I am not at home and have not enabled port forwarding /SSH. When I am back home, I will try download folder public_html from github, rename it html and then copy it to folder /usr/share/dump1090-mutability (after renaming its own html folder to orig-html). I forgot the exact command to download. It is either wget or clone, but something like below:

sudo wget -O "https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090/tree/master/public_html"

Obj’s post is here:
post198786.html#p198786

Found I had downloaded the 3.1 image so loaded it on another memory card and went through the Filezilla routine, but when I then tried to reload the browser, it started the new map but got stuck in a loop. No luck getting it to load even after rebooting and emptying the browser cache.

Guess I’ll hold off.

Thanks!

Try the method below. It does not require copying html folder from another Pi or memory card. It downloads the required html folder from github.

#download the dump1090-fa files from github
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090.git

#the above command will download a folder dump1090, which contains another folder public_html
#copy the folder public_html to folder /usr/share/dump1090-mutability
sudo cp -r dump1090/public_html  /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/public_html

#now go to folder dump1090-mutability
cd /usr/share/dump1090-mutability

#first change name of folder html to original-html 
#this preserves the original html folder, and enables revert in case something goes wrong
sudo mv html original-html

#now change the name of folder public_html to html
sudo mv public_html html

#now go to folder html
cd html

#change the name of file index.html to gmap.html
sudo mv index.html gmap.html

#now reboot for changes to take effect
sudo reboot

#after reboot, reload the browser. If new map does not show, clear browser's cache.

IMAGE 1 OF 2: BEFORE RUNNING ABOVE CODE

IMAGE 2 OF 2: AFTER RUNNING ABOVE CODE

schre wrote:
…
I don’t have the complete image installed on another RPi and therefore no access to the new html folder.

Any source for the folder short of installing the image on another memory card and then copy it as you did?

Try the method below. It does not require copying html folder from another Pi or memory card. It downloads the required html folder from github.

I discovered I had the 3.1.0 image, and was able to use your original Filezilla instructions to copy the html folder. However, even with rebooting and clearing the browser, it refused to load, so I just tried your latest procedures and downloaded everything from github.

Am having the same result – I can see the text has loaded but the progress bar bounces back and forth in a loop, and the map never loads.

This is being run on a RPi B model under the Minibian O/S (a headless version with only the basics but raspi compatible and upgradeable) which was upgraded to Jessie some time ago and recently updated/upgraded. Since the earlier dump1090-mutability web interface runs fine, I would expect the new maps to work o.k. Minibian is however a minimalist system so something may be missing that wasn’t previously required.

I reinstalled the old html folder and back in business.

Truly a mystery. Really appreciate what you’ve done to help me. Thanks !

Richard

Worked good. Thank you!

Upon further review, I lost my multi colored distance rings and totally lost my terrain limit rings. I can fix manually but curious why that happened. Seemed to retain yours!

Range circle quantity enhancement was due to modifications in file config.js
Range circle color was due to modifications in file script.js.
Both these files reside in folder “html”.

When original “html” folder is replaced by downloaded “html” folder, it gets new unmodified copies of these files, and hence ring colors are lost.
EDIT: Do not copy these old files to new downloaded html folder. Due to different User Interfaces, there may be differences in old and new files which may make new User Interface to malfunction or become blank. Instead manually modify the fresh copies of these files to get back the ring colors and quantity.

The terrain limit rings are created by file upintheair.json. It does not exist by default. It was generated by wget command, and still exists in folder original-html. However there is no copy in current html folder and that is why terrain rings disappeared totally. You can either copy it from original-html to the current html folder, or re-generate it in the current html folder by wget command. I got it back by generating upinthair.json file using wget command

Did a clean install of Jessie Lite and Piaware 3.1.0 package based install.

The range rings are not displayed even though checked on the dump1090 web interface.
My location is set on flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/MikeMathee page

What else do I need to set to display the rings?