american airlines with many 757?

Can anyone tell me why American Airlines has so many 757 fleets? This is something I would really like to know :wink:

:question: They have ONE fleet of 757-200s consisting of approx 124 aircraft.

I know that Jhem but WHY do they have a big fleet of them? :question:

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t understand your question. Do you mean why 757s versus another aircraft such as an Airbus, or do you mean why so many 757s versus, for instance, 767s?

AA has the largest passenger aircraft fleet in the world, Iā€™d be surprised if they didnā€™t have a bunch of 757s!

no, why does AA has so many 757s why cant they just get more 737s wich wll fit more perfectly in the company

Because itā€™s kind of hard to operated a gazillion flights a day with only two or three aircraft.

yeah but the companys routes are better for 737-800 to handle not 757.:slight_smile:

Theyā€™ve got 124 737s on order.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™d like to get more, but they have to be able to pay for them and they have to be able to sell off their (possibly) unwanted 757s.

serious 124 737 on order by AA, Where did you see that.

Did you click on the link in the underlined word ā€œorderā€ in my original post?

yes

how do you do that

Magic!

be real P.S dont take so long to write and tell me how you did that

and why is it so hard to put a picture in my account

All of the information necessary to determine how to embed a URL in your posts is in front of you.

Operator error?

it takes you so much long to write a simple sentence why

how do you know airplanes dont repeat their routes write it quicqly before I go.

beecuz i phli on thym ofton ande heer iz yor cuiclee poest

Fact is that SOME airplanes do repeat their routes, but MOST do not. Itā€™s all a matter of logistics. If an airline flies a 777 from Atlanta to Los Angeles at 8:00 AM Eastern time (a popular departure time for many travelers), it will arrive in L.A. at about 9:00 AM Pacific time (4 hours flight time, but subtract 3 hours difference for time zones). The ground personnel will have to ā€œturn the plane aroundā€ (unload baggage and pax, clean up, replenish snacks and drinks, load baggage, pax and fuel for the next trip, etc.). Figure about an hour for a 777.

So now itā€™s 10:00 AM Pacific time and the plane is ready to go. Letā€™s say thereā€™s enough demand to fly back to Atlanta, so with 4 hours flying time, this time you ADD 3 hours for time zone difference, so the plane will arrive at 5:00 PM. You can turn it around again and itā€™d be ready to go at 6:00 PM.

Hey! Itā€™s the end of a business day and thereā€™s a lot of business people that wanna go from Atlanta to L.A., so fly it back to LAX! So the 777 arrives in L.A. at 7:00 PM. It repeated its ROUTE, but not the same flight number.

Do you think thereā€™d be enough demand to fly a 777 from LAX at 7:00 PM to ATL with an arrival time of 3:00 AM? Probably not (a 737 would probably be a better choice), but you wanna keep that 777 flying - it ainā€™t makinā€™ any money sitting on the ground!! So 7:00 PM might be a good departure time for an LAX to Hawaii flight with a 9:00 PM arrival time, or maybe a flight to Europe.

But reallyā€¦ How do we really KNOW airplanes donā€™t repeat their routes? Spend some time looking at an airline TIMETABLE. Follow a flight from one city to the next, then looking at aircraft types and departure times, see if you can pick out what flight number that particular aircraft will be next and follow it to the next destination, and so onā€¦ Eventually, that same airplane will probably end up on the same route as the same flight, but it could take several days or even weeks before that happens.

ā€¦or, you could just ask these guys here! Hey, theyā€™re pilots for Godā€™s sake! THEY WOULD KNOW!