Airbus sound to Boeing

What make the different sound of a A320 to a Boeing 737 takeing off?? The airbus has a hum to it while the boeing screams??? :confused: I have always thought about this.

Dont know for sure, but I am sure it has something to do with different types of engines! :slight_smile:!

The 737-200ā€™s have the older ā€œcigaretteā€ style engines and are MUCH louder than the newer high-bypass style engines that are the norm today.

I do know what youā€™re talking about though, the 757 in particular has a very odd growl sometimes during takeoff. Itā€™s pretty cool sounding actually.

I have never heard one take off BTV is a small airport :cry: But I know sitting outside on are deck I can sit there and say ā€œOh there goes a JetBlue 320.ā€ But there hasnā€™t been a boeing 737 around here for a while only a FedEx 727-200. I wish there were more 737 flights here but airbus is taking over because it is much more quiet.

and again, since Damiross isnā€™t hereā€¦

ā€œOURā€ deck, not ā€œareā€ deck

Sorry dude! :smiling_imp:

Ummā€¦ Iā€™m the one most often accused of being the grammar/spelling police.

Thatā€™s right. JHEM is the resident spell checker. Pika is the resident smart-ass (although we all have such tendencies), and damiross is the bulldog when it comes to retreads (discussions that have already been, well, discussed). Iā€™m not sure where I fit into the equation, but I have my niche somewhere in the middle of this mess. :smiley:

OH yeah, and cfijames is the wise-cracking ungrateful offspring. :wink:

Court jester is open!!! :wink:

Ooooooooooā€¦ very insightful!

Now thats just mean.

Partially true, but mean! :wink:

Eat Me!

The truth often hurts! :laughing:

ESAD

:mrgreen: And PEdoubleNIZZLE likes to post trivial facts just for attention :stuck_out_tongue:

And donā€™t expect much from me on the weekends. Thatā€™s when I get to spend more than just a couple of hours with my girlfriend.

Girlfriend? FlightAware? Correcting grammar?
Gene, Iā€™ll go with the first answer: Girlfriend!

Weekend parole? :laughing:

James

(Ducking and running!!!)

Yup, James!