AeroAPI 4.0 Pricing / Request

With the new announcement of the AeroAPI 4.0. Which I can’t test with my current API Key. I feel that the pricing of it is a bit too much. With that said, I would like to know what is the average number of request people are doing on here…

Currently my app is doing about 40k to 50k calls per month. I am now feeling that I am going to have to look for different alternatives.

2 Likes

Hello Jhoan, I have emailed you directly to discuss. Thanks.

Increasing the cost of /airports/{id}/flights 2,000% from what was announced FXML3 is completely unreasonable.

FlightAware has always been great with their customer service (even if it moves at a glacial pace), and their data is the best in the business, but this pricing is a slap in the face.

2 Likes

Not only is it a slap in the face, they nuked features I actively was developing for. I can’t for the life of me, figure out how to replace airline flight schedule calls with the 4.0 API… I’m literally screwed both financially and functionally.

Hi, have you been able to figure it out? I already have an app in production that uses this end-point.

We would like to reassure you that our new V4+ AeroAPI /schedules endpoint provides equivalent functionality to the V2 and V3 AirlineFlightSchedules, plus the added benefit of using ISO timestamps (ease of use over epoch) and inclusion of the unique FA Flight id (which can be handy for subsequent flight lookups to ensure you are getting the precise data you are in search of). If you have any difficulty in making the transition - please reach out and we will be happy to assist!

1 Like

You should probably call that out more, maybe put it in the flights category or make a guide showing the old calls and now new ones. I had no idea that feature was hidden under Miscellaneous. That feature is a pretty big deal.

The pricing though. That is a slap in the face. My costs are going to go up immensely.

Thanks

When is FlightAware going to get serious about volume discounts to get the AeroAPI pricing back in line with the business reality that existing customers are all facing? I believe most of us have been grandfathered into the old pricing for a while yet, but, I’m going to have to start evaluating other vendors pretty soon and start making modifications to my platform to accommodate them if FlightAware is unable to provide something beyond, “starting October after next, your expenses go up 20x, but we’ll give you a partial refund if we’re down for more than 43.8 hours in a year.”

Again, FlightAware’s data is the best in the business, but it’s not worth 20x what you were offering at it four years ago. I’d much rather be sending my money to Houston than Tampa or Stockholm, but you’re not going to be giving me much of a choice here the way things are currently.