Advice needed

Hello

I am writing to ask for advice.

My wife, youngest son and I had our AA transatlantic flight from Manchester to Chicago (planned to go on to Denver) cancelled at very short notice (<16hrs) . We were then re-routed the following day through Heathrow. Due to an AA system error we could not make the connection from HRW terminal 1 to 5 in time so missed the rearranged flight.

We finally travelled by BA from HRW direct to Denver but much later in the day.

Unknown to us at the time our return flights were cancelled due to us ‘not turning up’ for the re arranged flight.

I have been in e–mail correspondence with AA and have secured what on the face of it seems reasonable compensation. They have posted us 3x $1200 dollar travel vouchers to be used on AA or codeshare to North America during the next 12 months. The purpose of this post is to ask

Are there any hidden catches with this offer
Is it reasonable compensation
Will it still be valid if AA is taken over by one the other major players
Did I ought to book ASAP
Any advice or comments would be welcome.

If the flight aware board is not the correct one for discussing this matter can someone please point me in the direction of one that is.

Many thanks

Tim Swetnam
England

1. I would say yes, but that’s up to you
  2. There are no hidden catches and in fact when using these vouchers you don’t have to pay certain taxes. The biggest thing about using these vouchers is that they can’t be used online, you have to either make the reservation over the phone and then mail them to their office to be processed or do all the ticketing at the airport counter.
  3. Yes, they would still be valid.
  4. You can book whenever you feel comfortable - they’re the same as cash.