ADSB Receiver Project Cleanup/Convert to FA

I have a Pi3B+ and 2 rtf-sdr dongles so I can run both 1090 and 978…

Originally installed both dump1090 and dump978 via the ADSB Receiver Project script, and over time have replaced 1090-mutability that it installs with 1090-fa (did this manually by removing package and installing new one).

The ADSB receiver project no longer exists… I can’t find how dump9789 is actually running (won’t list as a service running, etc.) so I can uninstall and install dump978-fa (which is installed and running, but if I look on the “map” for 978 it still displays/links to the mutability version).

Love the maps and stats/graphs that Joe’s scripts installed… any suggestions on cleaning this up, should I wipe the Pi and start over (would need to preserve my FlightAware hash)? Any help is appreciated.

The ID can be added at the install time. Copy/paste the ID number from your receiver web page:

https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/upgrade

Start fresh:

How to Install and Configure Piaware 5.0 SD card image - Quickstart Guide

For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install

Graphs very similar to adsb receiver project
GitHub - wiedehopf/graphs1090: Graphs for readsb / dump1090-fa / dump1090 (based on dump1090-tools by mutability)

Map with more features and the ability to combine 1090 and UAT:
GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa

2 Likes

Caution: The SD Card image download link posted at the beginning of above thread is for ver 3.8.0, while current version is 3.8.1.

Use this link to download ver 3.8.1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.