added a second piaware

on the list it shows unclaimed
when I try to register it, it says I don’t have to, its already linked to my account…
so how do I get a control panel up for this second piaware
so I cane change the location and alt. ??

Dave

It is very simple…one RPi, one registration…

The registration is by mac address of the network device (RPi in your case). Each network device has a unique mac address. Once this address is registered and account opened with flightaware, changing/adding/reinstalling software will not be taken as “new feeder” by Flightaware. If you want a new account, buy a new RPi.

You can easily change your location and other details on your flightaware account’s stats web page if you are logged in to you web account.

Click “My ADS-B” tab on top of this forum page, and your stats page will open. Simply change the existing latitude & longitude to those of new location & save.

The same thing happened to me. I did a lot of troubleshooting and the same problem i saw my feed fine but to FA. As last resource i just reimaged another card, boot the system and it started feeding the data again. Never found what the problem was.

Alex

the new RPi is working, FA sees it

Great news! Your account is associated with the following PiAware receivers and you can view your statistics here:
1.b8:27:eb:ae:6e:56: PiAware (SD Card) 2.1 added Saturday, September 12, 2015 (23.118.121.35 / 192.168.1.76)
2.CAM Library @ CLT (b8:27:eb:0f:76:48): PiAware (SD Card) 2.1 added Saturday, February 14, 2015 (69.132.131.151 / 192.168.0.52)

I just don’t know how to register #1 on the list so I can get a separate control panel
to tell FA where this one is, lat/log alt etc…

I don’t see what reimaging the card would make any difference

Maybe I’ll wait and see if anyone at Flightaware has any ideas…

Problem solved,
all I did was shutdown the RPi, disconnect nic cable, reconnect and reboot
FA saw it, registered it, all is working good…

Same thing happened to me. Same solution. Maybe the moderators could make a sticky so people can find it quick.