A/C registration info

I see several Gulfstreams (GIV) that show 22 pax listed in the registration info. I wonder where this info comes from. I believe that 19 is the max certified for all the Gulfstream fleet and that most are outfitted in the 12 to 14 range.
Just curious
SJ

According to the FAA Registry Database, all G-IV’s are certificated for 2 crew and 22 passengers. The rest of the models vary from 19, 20, 21, 22, and even 38 for the G-I turboprop.

You have to remember that many aircraft are certified for many more seats than are typically installed. Hawker 900 is certified for 19 seats, has 8 or 9 in executive configuration. Kingair 200 for 11, exec config is usually 7. Gotta love the FAA.

Well, that’s a little unfair. The manufacturers are the ones who ask for these certifications in order to allow them to sell the aircraft in other than low density executive configurations.

I understand that, but you’d think the FAA would report the pax seats allowable in the US. Many of these aircraft can be flown with more seats in other countries but not here.