65 NM flight for a B738

Now I’m not sure the EXACT length of this flight but i think it’s about 60-70NM from Minneapolis’ KMSP to St.Cloud’s KSTC and what airline gives this opportunity? The great Sun Country Airlines. I wish I could find the link for you, but a friend found it and to confirm that this wasn’t some sort of flaw I called down to a friend at Sun Country and he said “Yep we fly that route.” Has anyone else heard about this 65NM hop in a Boeing 737-800? Apparently people charter it during the fall and spring.
Take Care and Smooth Landings!

flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX2 … /KSTC/KMSP

53 nm / 61 sm

Of course, a flight that short is more justified with Saab’s. The speed of the 737 doesn’t save any time but costs more. Of course, this is just a charter flight, for repositioning.

Thanks mduell! jgona Alright, but i don’t quite see the point of chartering a jet like that and spending all that money when you could use saabs I know I wouldn’t do it. I’ll have to find out what type of person (group) does that sort of thing. Unless anyone here knows? And how many FA’s are aboard?

A. Gamblers
B. Old people
C. Smokers
D. Drinkers
E. All of the above

No, they are most likely repositioning this flight for a flight from St. cloud to Laughlin/another popular destination. We know NWA flies saabs on this route, and this ISN’T a regular route. I bet they they don’t even sell seats on this route. I mean, how else is a plane based in the Twin Cities going to get to St. Cloud??? :wink:

No, they are most likely repositioning this flight for a flight from St. cloud to Laughlin/another popular destination. We know NWA flies saabs on this route, and this SC boeing 738 ISN’T a regular route. I bet they they don’t even sell seats on this route. I mean, how else is a plane based in the Twin Cities going to get to St. Cloud??? :wink:

They could be either empty ferry flights or SCX could be selling tickets between IFP and MSP (more than likely MSP-IFP roundtrips) and stopping enroute at INL, LSE, STC, etc., to get additional passengers.
Here’s the history of SCX218.

That was just a positioning flight.

However, NW flies DTW-FNT (56 nm) with an A319 and sometimes and A320.

You sure right! :smiley:

Retired cigar smokers who like a glass of brandy with playing penny-ante 5 card draw?

haha E. All of the above.

Thanks, for the input folks! it’s been chewing at my brain for a while. Have a good Spring Break! (For those of you who are lucky enough to have one!)

Evidently you can purchase tickets on SCX between STC and MSP. Take a long at the additional flights schedule for Sun Country at suncountry.com/SCA/reservati … Cities.jsf

But don’t make reservations - the flights are sold out. I think that confirms my theory that you can buy Minneapolis-Laughlin flight that stop in St Cloud or you could have bought just the Minneapolis-St Cloud segment.