2005 777-200LR World Record

Back in 2005, a Boeing 777-200LR set a World Record for longest commercial flight of nearly 23hours. It went from Hong Kong International to London Heathrow. It did not go the short way around at around 11,664 nautical miles. The flight left on the evening of November 9th flying east bound over NA and then on to London. Got to London on 11 November, but that is all I know.

I have been seeing if that flight is still on Flight Aware, not sure it would be as it did not start/stop in the US. I would love to see the route taken so even if it isn’t on FlightAware, if someone knows the route or a link I would appreciate it!

Jhan Jensen

flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE … /VHHH/EGLL has the partial route, but the track is temporary inaccessible on the website.

This was not a true commercial flight but is the longest nonstop flight by a commercial jetliner.

The longest nonstop (time wise) commercial flight was operated by QANTAS during WW2. The flight was operated by a Consolidated Catalina. It operated from Colombo (Ceylon, now Sri Lanka) and Perth (Australia). The 3,513 miles flight took from 27 to 30 hours to complete. The first flight was on 10-11 July 1943 and was operated until 18 July 1945.

source: A History of the World’s Airlines, R.E.G. Davies,