WWII Aircraft

Dose anyone know of any WWII Aircraft that can be tracked?

Check this discussion.

Remember, please search the forums first. (this discussion found using “warbird” in the search)

Ok, Thanks. :blush:

You can view all airborne aircraft by type by using this link:
flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/

Most WWII aircraft would not be flying IFR though, so you’re going to have a hard time finding one on there.
If you have a specific aircraft type in mind you can find it there. Bear in mind that you might need to look up the type designator of the specific model you’re looking for. (you can find a listing, here among other places). Many are quite obvious, like P51, or ZERO, but some are not perfectly intuitive.

Edit, I type too slow.

Do you think they are trying to avoid radar?

Nah. Weather conditions [and pilot rating, of course] will make the difference whether one will fly IFR or VFR. Pilots owning WWII planes fly them for the pleasure of flying these warbirds. Therefore, there really is no reason for them to fly in marginal conditions.

All the warbirds are so expensive to fly and maintain,like above they do not want to risk flying in anything other than ideal conditions,one way to track a few is to check an airshow schedule for various airports and check the arrivals and departures for that airport.LAst week there was a show at ANDREWS AFB and a B-17,B-25 and P-51 were trackable.

The EAA’s B-17 arrived at BFI on a flight plan: flightaware.com/live/flight/N5017N

I’ve tracked a few with my camera and shot hundreds of photos. It’s very time consuming to post the photos online but here are a few I’ve taken over the last 2 yrs:

pbase.com/icholakov/tico_airshow_2007
pbase.com/icholakov/wings_at_war

And here’s a sugn posted inside a Junkers Ju-52:

Cute! Love it! :laughing:

:laughing: Funny sign. I still can’t believe anyone took my post seriously! :confused:

Got this email from my Norweigan buddy a while back. Pretty clever.

Translations of English Aviation Terms for German Speaking Pilots

PROPELLER—Der Airfloggen Pushenthruster

ENGINE—Der Noisenmaken Pistonpusher Das Turnens Der Airfloggenfan Pushenthruster

JET ENGINE—Der Schreemen Skullschplitten Firespitten Smokenmaken Airpushbacken Thrustermaker Mit Compressorsqueezn Und Turbinespinnen Bladenrotors (made by Pratt & Whitney).

CONTROL COLUMN—Der Pushenpullen Bankenyanken Schtick

RUDDER PEDALS—Der Tailschwingen Yawmaken Werks

PILOT—Der Pushenpullen Bankenyanken Tailschwingen Werker

STUDENT PILOT—Der Dumbkolf Das Learnen Fliegen Un Hopen To Jobenfinden Mit Der Airlinens

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR—Der Timenbuilder Mit Less Den 1000 Hrs Multienginefliegen, Teachen Dumbkopfs To Fliegen Vile Waitenwatchen Fer der Letter Mit Der Joboffering Frum United

PARACHUTE—Der Stringencotten Das Est Usen To Floaten Der Tailschwingen Pushenpullen Bankyanken Werker Down To Earthen Ven Der Fliegenwagen Est Kaputen

JET TRANSPORT—Der Muchen Overgrossen Biggenmother Das Ist Fliegen Highenfaster Mit All der Mach Und Flightenlevels

AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT—Das Grosse Overpaiden Und Under Werken Whinencomplainer Biggen Schmuck Dat Fliegen Mit Das Big Airlinen

PASSENGER—Der Dumbkoph das Est Strappened en Der Baacken Mit Der Other Dumbkopfs Das Est Expecten To Leave Undgo On Scheduledtimen Und Arriven Mit Der Luggagebags Someplaceneisen

FAA—Der Friggenfliegen Dumbkopf Schmucks Das Maken Alder Rulens Und Regulations