Wired 802.1x with piaware

Hello! I’m struggling (3 hours+) to get my piaware image to access a wpa_supplicant configuration for wired 802.1x authentication on boot.

I have been trying to follow these directions:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=285379&p=1727142#p1727142

but am being “foiled” by the piaware network configuration script that seems to overwrite EVERYTHING on boot time. I have my wpa_supplicant.conf configured correctly, and I can manually invoke it on an SSH session via:

sudo wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D wired -i eth0

honestly at this point i’d be happy to just manually run this command at boot time to. any ideas?

Thank you Lawrence, but this does not appear to be the case. My stock piaware install image does indeed have the wpa_supplicant installed, and works just fine if I invoke it manually per my post. i just need to configure it to start at boot; that is the nature of my question.

pi@piaware:/var/run/wpa_supplicant $ sudo wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D wired -i eth0

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant.

(output truncated, but I can see on my RADIUS server that the 802.1x authentication was successful etc).

-jeff

Don’t run the piaware image if you have such specialized network needs.

Raspbian Lite: ADS B receiver · wiedehopf/adsb-wiki Wiki · GitHub

This should get you going quite quickly, easy to install piaware to feed.

Here’s an actual solution for whoever the next person might be;

I simply added this command to my /etc/rc.local

wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D wired -i eth0 &&

and put my correctly configured wpa_supplicant.conf in the path above (/etc). easy.

-Jeff

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.