Why we don't have any alert even if flight landed?

We set alert by calling SetAlert API, It shows in my account inside “FlightAlerts” tab, But i didn’t have any request on my server. Can you help me to integrate flight alert functionalities to our system?

It looks like arrival alerts are being sent to your endpoint based on your preferences. It may be useful to check your server logs around the UTC times below to see if any internal error occurred after the message was posted to your endpoint.

processed      | successful |                                status                                |             summary
---------------------+------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 2019-05-24 10:28:45 | t          | Successfully delivered. status=ok, ncode=200, body=, duration=673ms  | SEJ2767 arrived at STV from HYD
 2019-05-24 11:38:54 | t          | Successfully delivered. status=ok, ncode=200, body=, duration=1099ms | IGO2126 arrived at STV from DEL

Hi DogRock

There have a delay in flight SEJ2767. Here is the link for the same. but we didn’t get delayed flight notification.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SEJ2767/history/20190524/0830Z/VOHS/VASU

I have reviewed my server’s log but it do not have delayed flight alert. There have arrival and departure alert. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

An arrival change (eventcode: change) may be sent in cases where e_filed is subscribed to and a updated flightplan submission changes the expected arrival to be earlier or later than originally indicated.

Delay events (eventcode: delay) may be sent sent if the the flight’s origin airport is experiencing delays before departure or if the the destination airport is experiencing delays before arrival.

In this case neither of these events occurred, so no alert was sent.

Hello Dogrock

Thank you for explaining event. When you click on above link, you can see, flight is delayed by “26 minutes late”, which event do you called it? We need those information.

In this case an eta or “minutes out” alert would likely be most helpful since it would provide a time remaining update without a departure or airport delay needing to occur. This would also allow you to anticipate a flight that is on track to arrive early too.

Right now when setting alerts the default channels command is being used:
{16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled}

Changing it to the following would generate a minutes out alert when the aircraft is about a half hour out from expected arrival:
{minutes_out 30} {16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled e_eta}

The minutes_out integer value can be changed to suit how far ahead of arrival an update is needed. The alert would still contain both the estimated and filed arrival time that can be used to calculate the arrival delay.

Hello Dogrock

We have created a flight alert with {16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled e_eta} but we didn’t have any notification related to arrival and delayed of flight. So, now can you help me to get those information?

Here is the link for flight which is early then scheduled time.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/IGO191/history/20190610/1130Z/VIDP/VABB

The minutes_out portion of the above example is required for this additional event type to function. Adding the e_eta component without the matching minutes_out statement will not result in any new alerts being set.

For this specific alert on the filed, departure and arrival events were sent. They all show as delivered successfully.

Hello Dogrock

I have question related to this minute_out feature:

When we set {minutes_out 30} {16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled e_eta}, it means, Flightaware will send alert if flight is delayed/early more than 30 minutes. Am i correct?

If yes, Once flightaware send alert to us, and more than 30 minutes delayed/early flight occure, does flightaware will send alert again? here is example for my question:

If we set {minutes_out 30} {16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled e_eta} alert & Flight A delayed by 30 minutes once, Again it is delayed by 5 minutes more, Does flight aware will send alert again?

Hello Dogrock

Is there any updates on this question?

Hello DogRock

We have created 5 alert today for 5 different flight with {minutes_out 5} {16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled e_eta}. We didn’t get any early/delayed notification for the flight. We are getting notification for flight filling, departure and arrived only. till this date, we didn’t get any notification for delayed and early flight. We are launching our project at this month. Our client are testing flight thing. So, We need accurate result. Please help me to solve this issues.

The minutes out alert does not send an alert if the aircraft is ahead or behind of its scheduled arrival time. It functions best when using common values like 15, 30 or 45 minutes. 5 minutes out is unlikely to yield a usable data. This information can be used to determine how far ahead or behind schedule a flight is by comparing the estimated and filed arrival time values.

Hello dogrock

Okay, i will set 15 and will check result. Thank you for help. I need more help until i get result.

Thank you in advance.