Where to find tail number for LH 430 EDDF-KORD 14 Apr?

It was a beautiful B744 – my favorite plane :slight_smile: Got a quick photo at KORD while waiting for next flight segment, and that was it.

Tail number started with D-AB, didn’t catch the last two digits. :frowning:

Looked at flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH430 but didn’t have the tail number.

Since FlightAware accepts tail numbers to search for a flight, stands to reason the data is present somewhere, isn’t it?

I’ve tried looking at lots of places so far. U.S. government’s BTS website doesn’t have LH in their per-airline/flight stats; tried various flight tracker sites - nada, was a Toronto-area ACARS website with another LH B744 but wrong time of day, so not that.

Any suggestions? I even called LH reservations. :slight_smile: But as expected, they said that information wasn’t available to them. A polite brush-off, I think it was. Oh well. But still interested.

Click Here SPecial Over The Top Email Request System.

We only have tail numbers for flights that fly as their tail number. Your best bet is one of the ACARS groups.

Thanks, guys - much appreciated!! :slight_smile:

The ACARS site in the UK did the trick. I didn’t find info there last night due to server issues there, but now that it’s been resolved, it worked like a charm.

For the record, LH 430 EDDF-KORD 14 Apr 2008 was tail number D-ABVZ, MSN 29870. Third youngest of LH’s fleet of 30 B744s, delivered in early 2001.

jetphotos.net/census/aircraf … =747-29870

Ahhh, that makes sense. :slight_smile: Thanks for the clarification.