What happened in PHL on 12/14?

FAA AIS was reporting 3+ hr delays at PHL due to a runway being down from a disabled a/c. Anyone know what was up?

Could be this:

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 407AW Make/Model: CL60 Description: CL-600/601/604 Challenger (CC-144, CE-14
Date: 12/14/2008 Time: 2225

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Minor

DESCRIPTION
N407AW, AIR WISCONSIN FLIGHT 3918 BOMBARDIER CL-600 AIRCRAFT LANDED WITH
LEFT GEAR RETRACTED, THERE WERE NO INJURIES TO THE THREE PERSONS ON BOARD,
PHILADELPHIA, PA

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 3 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: 19007 SCT014 BKN250 8/-2 A3044

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Landing Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: PHILADELPHIA, PA (EA17) Entry date: 12/15/2008

yup, that works…

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AWI3918/history/20081214/2012Z/KORF/KPHL

Good track on that one. With only 3 souls, I was thinking it was a ferry flight but it just musta been a light day from ORF to PHL

It was a ferry flight, or at least that’s what the local press reported.

From today’s Philadelphia Inquirer:

Posted on Mon, Dec. 15, 2008

Plane makes emergency landing at Phila. airport

Because of trouble with its landing gear, a commuter jet carrying only a crew made an emergency landing yesterday at Philadelphia International Airport. None of the three people on board was hurt.

The US Airways Express flight was flying to Philadelphia from Norfolk, Va. A spokesman for the airline said the only occupants were the captain, the first officer, and an attendant. The main gear under the left wing failed to come down, an airline spokeswoman said.

The plane, which can carry up to 50 passengers, was delayed getting out of Norfolk, and its booked passengers had been put on earlier flights.

The airport put a halt on all takeoffs and landings between 5:05 and 6:27 p.m. as officials dealt with the emergency on a major runway, 27 Left. When it came down, the plane skidded to a stop on the runway and was sprayed with fire-retardant foam. - Craig R. McCoy

ahh… i assumed it wasn’t a ferry flight due to the flight number… my bad… thanks for the article.

I posted a link to the unedited audio feed on LiveATC. You can hear the tower scrambling to get people out of PHL knowing what backups are going to occur when the emergency landing occurs.

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/listener-forum/emergency-landing-at-kphl/

The landing occured near the end of the clip, but communications between the emergency crews and tower can be heard throughout.