Waypoint information

Could each waypoint (ie. fix, vor, ndb etc) and approach and departure sequences be linked to a database of some sort giving information regarding that waypoint?

That’s on the to-do list. In the meantime you can look them up at AirNav(.com).

Just want to add I find the waypoints listing Great! For the first time I am able to predict if I would get a glimpse or picture of some of the long hauls going east-west over my home place in Europe. :smiley:

You probably thought it out already: getting the waypoints as dots on the tracking map would be a quick-win (?) for spotters. As most NAT-overseas flight lines now terminate somewhere up at St. Johns, approved waypoints would show expected track into Europe and sometimes even beyond. I’d know when to rig up my 25*100 binoculars, or not to bother.

I found a nice little waypoint database that I use often here.
fallingrain.com/world/index.html
Its kind of tough to use in conjunction with flightaware but I find plugging the coordinates into google earth gives a better representation of where they are.

[quote=“bluzhound”]
I found a nice little waypoint database that I use often here.
fallingrain.com/world/index.html

You’re absolutely right. Found this detailed site the other day searching for Waypoints. Then there were two more obstacles:
-First I found my US to North Europe-flight WP under UK, but it appeared as a drop in a blue ocean. So where would it actually be?
-If I didn’t find it under UK, then what country to look at next? Well, I had quite a job looking up Iceland, Norway and Eire as well. The looong US-Asia flights really cover a wide spectre of latitudes over Europe depending on availability and jet-winds.

Thanks for the Google Earth advise, I’ll try that one. But who can suggest Fallingrain to add a global search engine doing all its countrytables in a single search?[/quote]

NAVIGATION REFERENCE SYSTEM. Read about it but every web page is dated. Current development status is :question: Impact on FlightAware is :question: