United merger

United and contanintal merge but keep the look of contanintal but the name of united :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :question:

for shure not Contanintal. maybe continental.
I think Continental United would be good.

The livery looks fresh out of the 90s (oh wait, it is), but the combined carrier should be called United.

Hopefully nonepass wonā€™t destroy mileage plus.

Didnā€™t Continental United just win the English Premier League?

As for me, Iā€™d have hoped for either United or a new name, but not with an unmodified Continental logo. Thatā€™s just ridiculous.

Funny you should mention that. I had to revalidate my OnePass account, in essence they explained how they had the right to change just about everything under the sun concerning frequent flier miles.

Continental. . . I think they should go back to Texas International. :wink:

why not the original name of Texas International - do you know it?

Trans-Texas Airways.

very good.
Now for the bonus round.
who started Trans-texas Airways?

Earl McKaughn

ā€¦ and_________________ who had formed the company ________________?

like pulling teeth here! :slight_smile:

ā€œTexas Air, with headquarters in Houston, was an airline holding company with investments in airlines and related businesses. The company was founded by Francisco A. (Frank) Lorenzo, a New York City native and Harvard University graduateā€¦ā€

tshaonline.org/handbook/onli ā€¦ /ept1.html

No. was talking about the beginnings of Trans Texas Airways. it was started by Aviation Enterprises, an FBO formed by Earl McKaughn and Henry Erdman in 1940.

Oh boy. . . Frank Lorenzo!

My granddad did not like that guy.

I know Iā€™m probably going to regret asking this, but that statement begs the question as to why your Grandpa didnā€™t like Lorenzo.

Thatā€™s okay, J. I knew it was coming.

How 'bout I wait a couple of weeks before I tell you. Iā€™ll be seeing him soon, so I can get the full story. :slight_smile:

Sure, but a hint would be appreciated.

He did some things that just werenā€™t in the book.
I donā€™t think my granddad likes to talk about it much; but Iā€™ll get something out of him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll assume ā€œHeā€ refers to Lorenzo and not your Gramps, and did your GP work for TIA, Continental or Eastern?

Just curious, I know a great number of pilots and former pilots that would gladly hunt Lorenzo down if given the opportunity.

Yes, ā€œHeā€ is Lorenzo.

Grandpa worked for TIA.